JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Camping Car-Park Card for France

· 
Posted: 30.07.2019  ·  #1
Has anyone used the Camping Car-Park system for the private Aires and if so what was your experience.

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

Re: Camping Car-Park Card for France

· 
Posted: 30.07.2019  ·  #2
Used one last year , It was a good clean site with 6 amp electric and free wifi. It was very close to town centre so ideal .This one was €12.50 for 24 hours or you can just use the services for a small fee. There were a couple of places to stop a bit further out of the village but we opted for this.You have to join which can be done at the entry (instructions in English) and add money to the card or do it online before you go and add about €20 which would cover a stop ,and then try it out.
camping car park

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2019  ·  #3
Yes very good

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.07.2019  ·  #4
Yes we used it this year, bought card at Aire entrance €4 + Aire cost, I just paid at machine as I found topping up very difficult online, found them slightly expensive but clean except the one at Juno beach which we and a French van drove away from it was quite dirty

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2019  ·  #5
A very good system,wish we had them over here. At Pont-Aven the first time we used one, we parked back a bit and walked up to the unit to see how to operate the barrier, the front is for topping up your card etc, after a bit of
confusion we realised the barrier control is on the side, like any carpark entrances, they had just put it up on their website but it the EHU wasn't connected, the service bay was and easy to operate. I will use them again.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2019  ·  #6
We've had the card for a few years and regularly use it. Camping-car Parks are now adding municipal campsites to the system and making them available to motorhomes all year. They also have a prebooking facility which means if you need to be at a site on a definite day(s) in high season you can reserve your place.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2019  ·  #7
I have the card two years. Have only used it a couple of times though. Just haven’t stumbled across one where we aimed for, very often

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2019  ·  #8
Quote by baguette

They also have a prebooking facility which means if you need to be at a site on a definite day(s) in high season you can reserve your place.

for that service

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2019  ·  #9
Is there a map of their sites or even an app.

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.07.2019  ·  #10
Tried to use Petit Port in Nantes very recently, topped up the card I've had for a few years now but only afterwards did it tell me that the parking was full.

Doubled back to the hyppodrome carpark very nearby which didn't appear to have any charges and had a sizable collection of vans.

A few dogs on ropes hanging around some vans that didn't look like they moved very far or very often was a little concerning but it was a short enough evening after docking in Cherbourg at 4:30pm.

Reality is that the dogs are security against all but their owners so its just a gamble that the owners won't sh*t on their own doorstep. Bit like motorhomists bring security to harbours even if some of the boatists don't like the look of them :)

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2019  ·  #11
Here is the map . We think camping car parks are great , use them every year. Any ones we have used
have always been tidy with good water , elec and wifi , some with washing machines. Most with hard standing and marked out pitches. Always near a place of interest. Best of all you feel a little bit more secure leaving the MH because of the barrier system.
https://campingcarpark.com/en/map/ .

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2019  ·  #12
Quote by spatuladad123

Here is the map . We think camping car parks are great , use them every year. Any ones we have used
have always been tidy with good water , elec and wifi , some with washing machines. Most with hard standing and marked out pitches. Always near a place of interest. Best of all you feel a little bit more secure leaving the MH because of the barrier system.
https://campingcarpark.com/en/map/ .

There is an app too

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2019  ·  #13
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2019  ·  #14
Quote by <BM>

Tried to use Petit Port in Nantes very recently, topped up the card I've had for a few years now but only afterwards did it tell me that the parking was full.

Did you just turn up , normally if you check the location on the map/app they will tell you how many spaces there are and how many are free at that time. So you can book.
if you have joined their booking system € 24 per year,its as good as any of the other systems, the more you use per year the the better value .

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.