RTE, TV3 etc on Freeview

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

RTE, TV3 etc on Freeview

· 
Posted: 25.10.2012  ·  #1
Following the BIG switchover thingie i just tuned in all the TVs at home only to find all the Irish channels including a kiddies one & one called 3e, both new to me. Some of these channels only appear on certain sets. We have an Led Sharpe which has a lot more than any of the others & HD BBC1 BBC2 UTVhd & CH4hd. it'll be interesting to see how the reception in our vans will have changed :-)

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: RTE, TV3 etc on Freeview

· 
Posted: 25.10.2012  ·  #2
It' all a bit hit and miss at the minute, I could only get 24 freeview channels at home (I use freesat instead), after the switchover I can now get over 120. My Father next door could get them all and now can only get 11 channels! and he is not alone, quite a few this is happening too.

Going to have a look at his today, perhaps a factory reset in order.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.10.2012  ·  #3
I retuned my daughters cheepo free view tv yesterday and got 140 channels.

I hope in the van isn't effected as I retuned it last month and moved all the channels into an order where I could find them. LOL.

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.11.2012  ·  #4
A wee update regarding freeview RTE etc

We've had a 46" Sharp LCD 1080p [not in our motorhome] :D when it came to the switchover I thought it would definetly have the ability to receive the 4 new HD channel & the available irish channels... WRONG!! So I bought one of these I-can Freeview Hd receiver Receives absolutely everything. I have since read an article HERE that explains how it can work well in the south if manually tuned. We don’t need this in our motorhome but I had thought it could be useful to someone else on here as although it’s mains powered it has a 12volt adapter, meaning it would be quite easy to get it powered without much extra hassel.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.11.2012  ·  #5
Looks like a good receiver. We had a few probs with switch over on freeview but as we use freesat HD were not to worried.

Two 1080p HD TV's and none of them get HD on freeview as the software for the freeview on them came out before HD. One of the TV's had to be tuned manually as it either got 11 channels or 103 with no ITV CH4 or CH5.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.