Dometic Fridge

Flame thrower issues.

Craic Lifer
Subject:

Dometic Fridge

· 
Posted: 10.07.2019  ·  #1
Following on from cleaning my jet out, which did have carbon deposits inside the housing, I put it back together and now have a very large yellow flame. Way too big to consider using, so does anyone have any idea what I could have missed? By the way, the fridge didn’t work on gas, although it did have a tiny blue flame. I blew the jet out before returning it.
No user has liked this post yet.
Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Matilda.
Base Vehicle: Rust 02-Sprinter German engineered from recycled 1960 Fiats
Subject:

Dometic Fridge

· 
Posted: 10.07.2019  ·  #2
Quote by Helgahobby

Following on from cleaning my jet out, which did have carbon deposits inside the housing, I put it back together and now have a very large yellow flame. Way too big to consider using, so does anyone have any idea what I could have missed? By the way, the fridge didn’t work on gas, although it did have a tiny blue flame. I blew the jet out before returning it.

That seems to me you don't have a jet-fitted too much gas to air mix, ( I blew the jet out of the housing with the airline and when I had too much flame, I Googled to see what the jet looked like as I could not see anything that looked like a gas jet, ie like in the cooker )
I would suggest you check if you have the jet in place it may have dropped out when you were assembling the pipe. Just to be sure you know what the jet is, its like a bowler hat about 10 mm Dia with a small hole in the center that fits into the burner housing in front of the pipe and the round end of the pipe jams it into place very easy to lose it when fitting everything back together, you should never poke anything through the little hole as you can then make it too big also interfering with the mix
3 users like this post:
adria, Eamonn, eirebus
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.