Teamdoorly
My Motorhome: TEC rotec
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Shower tap

· 
Posted: 08.07.2019  ·  #1
Hi

My Reich shower tap is leaking and after investigation, I have decided to replace. The tap unit is a bit old school. It is attached to the plastic sink unit by a 34mm tread and brass nut. The hole in the sink unit is 39/40mm wide. question: the tap units i have viewed online seem to be mainly to require a 33mm installation hole and many have a different fitting - like a horse shoe clip with screw.

Firstly can in use the horse shoe clip type tap unit on my plastic sink unit and
secondly

am i fussing over nothing and will the average tap unit fit my sink hole (39/40mm) or do i need to shrink its size to fit the taps now available on the market.

Any help greatly appreciated
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: Shower tap

· 
Posted: 08.07.2019  ·  #2
Hi John.
The replacement modern tap will probably come with push on plastic couplings which fit a 12mm plastic water pipes.
You need to check your current pipe size ane see if there are compatible.

If the hole in the sink is too big for the new tap, get a 20 litre plastic drum and cut out a 4" square approximately and glue this on the underside of the sink covering the old hole.
After the glue is set, drill the new hole in the patch.
A tiny bead of silicone will finish the tap on the topside.
Best of luck.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.