North beach Rush

David Proctor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

North beach Rush

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #1
We are thinking of going down to North beach in Rush this weekend for the first time, does it fill up quickly, can we just arrive on Friday or would it be better to book in advance?

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: North beach Rush

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #2
Love that campsite! we didn't book last year and it was very Sunny, we got in no problems.

Rob is the man to ask.

@ROBANDSUE

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #3
Likewise, we went on a very sunny weekend last year, I did ring ahead and was told there would be no problems when I said we would be coming in the early afternoon and there wasn't. Not sure what it'd be like late in the evening but it didn't seem to be full.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #4
I’ve stayed there loads of times in my caravan days. They usually don’t take bookings as people don’t always show up. The trick is to arrive just after 12 midday as that is check out time so you can usually slip into a recently vacated space at the sea front. If you arrive shortly before 12 there is a risk you will meet a caravan on the narrow road leading to it and you can’t pass on that road.

Used to be a part that seemed to be just for motorhomes but there were so many of the last time they were in the area further from the gate which used to be just caravans. You can’t put our awnings (wind out ones are fine) and they said to me it was due to restrictions on their campsite permit/licence or whatever. They don’t seem to have a choice themselves.

It is a great site being right on the beach and walking distance along the beach into town. They have quite a few statics out the back.

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #5
We stayed there on or trip just pulled in plenty of pitches ,tip don’t drink in the Carolyn pub( tfd ,to f,,,,,n dear) a pint and a Pernod €10.60 the dearest in Ireland and take it from me we frequented a brave few 🍺🤪

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #6
@'David Proctor'
was on the beach sunday and had a look at the parking. Loads of room, so i would presume this weekend will be the same. Its giving sh*te weather for the weekend anyway, so i would just roll up.
If it is full, head to the Strand Bar, Joe will look after you. Secure parking out the back, with services, and all for the price of a meal or a few pints in the pub.
Let the staff know you are parking up, there wont be a problem.
@hillton9 there are dearer, believe me. the Drop Inn is a nice place for a beer.

David Proctor
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #7
Thank you all for your help and tips, most helpful, I think we'll just arrive early as you all suggest.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.