Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

Re: The dark side of the NC500

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #2
That a problem with a popular route.
The same points could be raised with sections of our Wild Atlantic Way.
All it requires in a small investment into serviced aire by local authorities and the mh would be easily herded into safe areas overnight

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #3
Interesting they highlight the increase in Motorhome renting. It’s expected that someone would be nervous driving something that big for the first time. Aires would help but it would not help their driving’. You would hope most Motorhome owners would be more responsible in the driving, parking and waste management. At least the issues highlighted are much wider than just motorhomes and no motorhomes have been caught racing at over 100mph!

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2019  ·  #4
We called into a shop for some bits, not knowing the shopkeeper was also the only recovery driver for miles. He was telling me he is called out easily four times every week to sort out hired Motorhomes out. He has a small forecourt at the shop and people have actually asked him to park their vans for them! Unbelievable!

Vanterrier
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.06.2019  ·  #5
Speaking from experience it is not nice travelling on those roads from May to September as the volume of traffic is high, hire vans are a nightmare as are one make car clubs who seem to think the route is a race course. We pulled over to let a Porche 911 past on the Applecross to Shieldaig road and he counted 32 cars travelling in close convoy behind him! We were there for ages until they all got past... Unbelievable.
Sadly it's getting as bad on the Hebrides as well with local press bemoaning the seasonal "invasion" of motorhomes. I cannot see an easy solution to the growing numbers of vans on these small roads.

K :(

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.