Dogs on board

Applebrook
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Dogs on board

· 
Posted: 22.05.2019  ·  #1
Already asking questions!!! Is it easy enough to bring ones dog in camper? Do we need harness etc? Would be grateful if someone could send a link of seatbelt suggestions or if someone would send a photo ( I'm more visual in learning)
Thank you
Ruth 🐅🐕

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Dogs on board

· 
Posted: 22.05.2019  ·  #2
It is easy to bring a dog in a camper. How well that dog is harnessed and secured is another matter but you are asking the right questions. Just like in a car, some people travel with their pet secured and others travel with their pet on their laps and not strapped in. But what happens in a collision is another thing.

If you have a spare seat belt, you can buckle your dog in it with the right attachment. We keep our pooch harnessed and strapped to a secured bolt in the chassis floor. I wish I could send a pic but at time of writing, the bed is pulled out and the dog and wife are sleeping in it 😯

killiand
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Traveller S520
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato (1993)
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2019  ·  #3
We use a spare seatbelt I picked up in a scrap yard - and the loop on it happens to fit around a bar on the table in the lounge. That table is anchored - and she’s anchored to that. Not an engineered result; but it’s done us! :)

Applebrook
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2019  ·  #4
Getting the drift, cheers.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2019  ·  #5
Google this ( DIGIFLEX Dog Safety Seat Belt Restraint 12-24" Adjustable Pet Lead ) and you will see a safety belt that plugs into any safety belt fitting so if you have a spare belt in the back you can put the bed on the floor beside it or it will settle down on the seat itself.
You should always use a harness with D ring on the dogs back, not connected to a neck collar which could cause severe damage if you have to stop in a hurry,

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.05.2019  ·  #6
@Applebrook Just make sure the length of the harness and where it connects would stop your dog from hitting the dashboard (or you) in the event of a collision.

Ruthe
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.05.2019  ·  #7
We have been travelling back and forwards from Ireland to the UK by ferry. we have just got a camper though have had one previously. We keep our dogs in crates which are secured to the dinette area. They are safe and have always travelling this way. If your dog is not used to a crate but you would like to him/her to travel this way, buy a crate and leave it in the kitchen for example with the door open and a bed in it and if they get used to in in the house they will be happy on the ferry and safe

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.