Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Air suspension help

· 
Posted: 02.05.2019  ·  #1
A friend of mine is fitting an air suspension kit to his motorhome with an Alko chassis and the instructions etc are not the most helpful so I said I would ask of the knowledgeable on here to find out a bit more.

Where has everyone mounted the dial/control panel, compressor and air tank and where did you route the airlines through.

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Air suspension help

· 
Posted: 02.05.2019  ·  #2
I got a little metal bracket that fitted in a cubby hole between the steering wheel and drivers door. Made for the job from driverite. Compressor behind drivers seat. Airlines down through floor and along chassis. No air tank. Compressor pumps them up in a matter of seconds

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2019  ·  #3
My previous van, had no compressor there were valves with gauges fitted in the footwell of the passenger door which could be raised or lowered like a tyre, on a different note if the alco back axle has grease nipples on it, they have to be greased yearly with the axle off the ground, no idea why

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2019  ·  #4
John, on the 2003 Autocruise there are 2 shrader valves behind each of the front seats. there is no reserve tank but you have gauge to adjust the height and a hand held compressor fired off the cigar lighter,but you can use any tyre air line. Its simply 2 bellows on the centre of the rear springs. there is no need for a air storage tank unless you are using the bellows as a running undercarridge and deflating at rest. Mine is on there for 16 years just needing checked every so often

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2019  ·  #5
This is a Dunlop system and it came with a bracket to fit the gauges and switches in the cubby between the steering wheel and door but it involves cutting a hole in that plastic panel, so he is reluctant to do that in case he ever changes the van and swaps it over. The air tank is roughly the size of a tea pot and has a bracket which looks as though it could bolt to the chassis, it’s more the compressor where it could go

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.05.2019  ·  #6
On mine the compressor is located below the drivers seat with the control panel and gauges screwed to the trim on the pillar just behind the hand brake

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2019  ·  #7
kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2019  ·  #8
John

See attached.

The bracket for the controls is screwed to the lower section of the pillar trim immediately behind the hand brake.

The compressor (sorry for photo quality) is screwed to the Fiat tray which is located below the drivers seat
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2019  ·  #9

This is the set up in my van. Compressor behind drivers seat bolted to floor with Tex screws

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2019  ·  #10
Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2019  ·  #11
Ours is like eirebus's option (but without the gauge)... Ours doesn't have the 12v compressor or control panel installed (yet). We just have a pair of schrader valves fitted on a bulkhead by the back wheel arch. One valve for each air-bag. Adjusting the bags can be done when checking tyre pressure and using the air pump at a service station if you need to add air. The airbags made a massive difference to the road comfort in our camper.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.