Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

Spanish Point / Clare

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #1
Good day lads/lassies

I'm looking for new locations to go out and visit this weekend, us being surfers that always drives destinations.

I was looking around Spanish Point in Clare but haven't seen too many possible spots where we can overnight, any recommendations?

I've sent a few emails to the golf club and some of the lodges there to see if anyone will allow us to park overnight, we'll see if that pans out.

I know about the Doonbeg campsite and probably be spending a night there but there's no waves on that spot really...

Cheers folks!
Rami

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Spanish Point / Clare

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #2
Possibly the harbour at Liscannor for surf in Lahinch and carpark there also

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #3
Quote by eirebus

Possibly the harbour at Liscannor for surf in Lahinch and carpark there also

Liscannor doesn't look like it has a lot of room but we can definitely have a look.

Lahinch in the perfect spot for surf but I see that the car park has a height barrier and a few pay and display outside that, I wonder if I'll be able to overnight there ???

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #4
How about inch beach. Near Dingle. Always loads of surfers. Park on the beach, or pay to stay off the beach. Hotel, cafe and public toilets

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #5
Quote by Daffysparks

How about inch beach. Near Dingle. Always loads of surfers. Park on the beach, or pay to stay off the beach. Hotel, cafe and public toilets

Ya, that's definitely plan B. But we've been there and wanted to try a new spot.

Wouldn't risk parking the van on the beach though, sand can be tricky and 70hp front wheel drive 3 ton vehicle is definitely not the tool for the job :P

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #6
We were at a wedding there a few months back in the Armada hotel, we asked if we could stay overnight and they refused but they said that we could park in front of the Golf club no problem and we did without any hassle.it might be a different thing in high season though.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #7
Quote by RTV

Wouldn't risk parking the van on the beach though, sand can be tricky and 70hp front wheel drive 3 ton vehicle is definitely not the tool for the job :P

We were there for Easter. Parked in beach, as did about 10 other campers. Varying sizes. Only seen one lad get into trouble, and frankly that was his own doing. Anyway there is a tractor available locally if you get stuck. I think it’s €12 - €15 to park in designated area. Pay in Sammy’s

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #8
Lahinch has a few MH bays and even though it states no overnight parking I’m told that you can. What about seafield and quilty pier? Also doughmore beach. Also the cliffs above Kilkee?
Hope this helps Jamie

Tomo76
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.04.2019  ·  #9
We overnight in Lahinch a couple times a year. Motorhome bays at the town end of the carpark. Never any problems, just stick a ticket on the window. Loads of surfers bobbing about on the waves.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.05.2019  ·  #10
Great info lads, much appreciated!!!

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.05.2019  ·  #11
Thank you again lads for all the recommendations, we had an amazing weekend.

Top tip for Lahinch, there's only 5 MH bays available and they can be seen on the webcam below:

https://www.benssurfclinic.com…ch-webcam/

At the very bottom left of the screen there's 3 more bays. If there's MHs there, you'll see them on the screen.... it was pretty crazy over the long weekend with the nice weather and all. It was absolutely full when we first arrived so we decided to have lunch at Liscannor harbor and kept an eye on the webcam, as soon as one got free we made a run for it (it's only 5' away) and got our spot for the day, we didn't stay overnight as it was too busy for our taste but definitely no issues in staying.

Cheers,
Rami

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.