Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Norte Dame

· 
Posted: 16.04.2019  ·  #1
Just been reading online that €650 million has been raised to rebuild the cathedral, two wealthy individuals have pledged €300 million of this, now call me cynical but if they have that amount of money to rebuild an old and I have to admit beautiful church surely they could have made similar donations to help out the starving children/eradicate malaria etc where it would be of more use.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Norte Dame

· 
Posted: 16.04.2019  ·  #2
Exactly!!

What a total waste of money that could of helped millions!!

Disgusting is not a strong enough word for it!! 12 years to save the planet, but sure as long as Notre-Damne looks good you can all rot in hell.

As I posted to bakebook today

"Notre-Dame Fire. No one died, its an old building that is outdated, probably crumbling, not energy efficient, its made of rocks, it doesn't matter. Jaysus the heartbreak when primark went on fire. Knock them down, build new ones, they are rocks and mortar - it doesn't matter! Aye it was nice, but I bet the replacement is nicer. Also it was destroyed before so its a bit like Triggers brush :P"

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2019  ·  #3

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2019  ·  #4
🤣🤣

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Norte Dame

· 
Posted: 16.04.2019  ·  #5

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2019  ·  #6
nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.04.2019  ·  #7
Read the blog yesterday and dont disagree with the sentiments of the subscribers but would like to add a bit, The French Government took over ownership of all church buildings in 1917 and like all public bodies penny pinched maintenance, it was falling down. Dont forget the old buildings in Gt Britain have suffered badly from fire too. York Minster had a disastrous fire in similar circumstance also Windsor Castle where the princes had to salvage the paintings, lastly Hampton Court, King Henry the 8ths palace which was badly burnt by Sir Richard Gales widow in her grace and favour apartment by using candles to save on electricity,sadly she lost her life. All these costs amount to many millions which we as taxpayers contributed too. As regards the benefactors you cant tell them who to support even if you dont agree, its a free country and its their money to spend. So France is not on their own to inferno . The masons who worked on York Minster rebuilding have offered to travel to Paris and to help in the rebuilding. As regards wealth 50 % of land in England is owned by 1% of the population.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.