StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

You don’t know what you don’t know

· 
Posted: 14.04.2019  ·  #1
Seeing Ally’s post on FB about the yellow button just reminded me of a few things that I have learnt over the years.
I couldn’t work out why when I turned my tap on in my last van why the only water coming out was coming out of the bottom of the van not the tap, yes I had the drain valve open.
Why when I first wild camped my fridge had defrosted over night when I’d left it on 12v, I didn’t realise that the leisure battery would not supply enough (any) power to the fridge without the engine running.
That my gaslow system with an external fill point did not need an adapter in the uk. I’d only ever filled up in France, Spain and Portugal before.
I thought parking under trees would provide shelter from the wind not thinking about twigs dropping onto the roof and equally I have now wisened up to sap from trees.
Luckily i watched a YouTube video on how to empty a toilet cassette and knew the reason for a yellow button unlike a couple who stayed on my site and emptied their cassette mainly on their shoes in my empty point.
But my favourite was the person who used the hose through their kitchen window and lifted up their seat to fill their water tank not realising there was an external fill point.
Come on own up who else has done stupid things? Well stupid with the benefit of hindsight.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

You don’t know what you don’t know

· 
Posted: 14.04.2019  ·  #2
Bought a campervan and got involved with a whole lot of :o :-/ >_< can't quite think of a word

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Re: You don’t know what you don’t know

· 
Posted: 14.04.2019  ·  #3
Constantly driving of with the tv aerial up always forget to put it down some day I’m going to loose it 🤪

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2019  ·  #4
I have to admit I was a bit slow with both the vent button and the articulating outlet on the cassette, emptying has been so much simpler since I figured it out.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2019  ·  #5
I drove onto waterlogged grass one time and immediately sank the camper down to it's axles. It took two tractors to pull it out. Won't do that again (hopefully) :lol:

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2019  ·  #6
Flinching on narrow roads in case you clip a protruding branch / pole, mirrors on motorhomes are expensive to replace.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2019  ·  #7
Ever feel like a flight attendant before you drive off, gas cylinder switched off, lockers, cupboards, skylights, tv aerial, tv clicked into place, fridge locked and switched over, ehu cable and levellers.
We have a card that fits on dashboard behind steering wheel, with gas/skylight/fridge.
Also another small card for our Mh height (3.1) for low bridges.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.