Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Good bye Oscar.

· 
Posted: 11.04.2019  ·  #1
So the Oscar Wilde has been sold to a company in the Mediterranean for a sum of 28 million. Lots of happy trips on her. Particularly to Roscoff, a port that I liked. So that would appear to end any likelihood (in the short term at least) of any France Ireland trips out of Roslare. I enjoyed the drive down each year and regarded it as part of my holiday. Change is constant!

Always found Stena or Celtic line more expensive than Irish Ferries and having traveled to Holyhead on Epsilon, I never fancied the Stena or Brittany ferries boats which are of the same class of build.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/irish-ferries-oscar-wilde-sold/

Due out on the W B Yeats on Tuesday and the reports on her so far are very average. We shall see.

Davy

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Good bye Oscar.

· 
Posted: 11.04.2019  ·  #2
We expect a full report on our desk by Wednesday afternoon Davy. Bon Voyage et bon vacance 🗼

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Good bye Oscar.

· 
Posted: 11.04.2019  ·  #3
Is the WB. ready to throw the monkeys fist onto the quay at Cherbourg ? Word is no, she hasn't passed all of her checks yet .
Think, why would you sell a ship and then have your colour scheme painted on it , just before it leaves the dry dock?
Makes no sense that the first thing the new owner is going to have to do is put it back in dry dock to have it painted , And delivery date to the new owners is later in April,
Don't be too quick to say good bye, you might have the pleasure of doing so from the deck as you sail into Cherbourg on Tuesday.
Like you I always enjoyed the trip on her into Roscoff.

Either way enjoy the trip are you away for long or just the easter break

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2019  ·  #4
None of us really likes change, so a new boat on a different route is a bit of an adjustment, but if the Oscar is waiting for us on Tuesday I will not be disappointed, although I visit this site from time to time and it seems to carry reports by individuals over the last week or so of the Cherbourg run.

https://www.irish-ferries-enth…ews-board/

https://www.niferry.co.uk/irish-ferries-oscar-wilde-sold/

We are away for six weeks on this run. Each year over the last ten, we have crept slowly further south each year to visit new locations and revisit old favourites. The first year was Brittany as far as Vannes. Then two steps forward one back each year since. Over the last two years we have dipped into northern Spain and perhaps this year we will get as far south as Porto in Portugal. We tend not to drive for more than three hours at a time and will spend as long as the whim takes us at each stop. That is the full extent of our planning! We as usual carry Acsi card, France passion, all the aires and searchforsites.co.uk

Davy

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2019  ·  #5
Have a great trip Davy. I'm looking forward to our annual French trip but it's not until June and unfortunately not for as long as yours. You lucky person.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Good bye Oscar.

· 
Posted: 11.04.2019  ·  #6
Sounds like a great trip Davy. Enjoy and keep in touch and let us know how you are going.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2019  ·  #7
have a great trip Davy

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.