Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

Re: Northern Ireland camping spending statistics

· 
Posted: 04.04.2019  ·  #2
That’s really useful. Here are some stats I found recently for Ni which shows the Accomodation type people stay in when visiting each council area. Causeway shows 6% of overnight stays were in motorhomes and Mourne was 5%. This may just capture info from campsites rather than aires so the figure is likely higher really. Camping and caravans are very high in Mourne also. A key line in the Irish news article a that people who camp/caravan/Motorhome spend more per stay than hotel users. The drive is typically towards hotel night and the assumption would often be that they spend more per day.

There is no point in trying to get an overseas motorhomes to stay in a hotel but rather give them somewhere convenient and safe to even park for the day for a start and let them spend their money locally. I drive past so many towns by day as I assume I won’t even be able to get parked for a day visit and you spend your money by day, not the middle of the night.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.