<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Easter in England

· 
Posted: 03.04.2019  ·  #1
Our Easter trip has morphed into a trip to England to take in the Saracens v Munster Heineken Cup Semi Final in Coventry. Parking is just about sorted close to the Ricoh Arena for Saturday night.

We're traveling with 3 boys aged between 6 and 10. We'll be sailing to Holyhead on Thursday evening, overnighting after disembarking and returning on Monday so we have full days on Friday and Sunday to fill with activities. I'm thinking either Alton Towers or Drayton Manor on one of the days and possibly Chester Zoo on the other. Any alternative suggestions if the weather is very wet?

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

Re: Easter in England

· 
Posted: 04.04.2019  ·  #2
Went to Alton Towers in August. Stayed at The Star Camping and Caravanning Club Site which was very nice (was not a member at the time). Some nice walks from the campsite. Some of the roads to/from Alton Towers are very narrow so plan your route carefully.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2019  ·  #3
heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.04.2019  ·  #4
Knew I had seen a review somewhere it was in Caravan Magazine May 2019 so if you can get a copy it might be a good buy for you.
Anyway places they give for a weekend visit
Kingsbury Water Park Sutton Coldfield
Stratford upon Avon Butterfly Farm Stratford
Tudor World Stratford

Warwick Castle Warwick

The Black Country Living Museum Dudley

Coventry Transport Museum, Coventry

Coventry Cathedral Coventry

Avon Boating Stratford

No idea why it went to double spacing but anyway a few here for you and they all have web sites

David :-/

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.04.2019  ·  #5
The weather has made the weekend a much simpler experience, no theme parks, no expensive entry fees. We got the late evening ferry to Holyhead and headed for the marina to overnight but it was oversubscribed so we parked up in a parking bay along the road heading back towards the town. Just to prove how the weather can make anyone/anyplace/anything beautiful, Friday morning in Holyhead had me thinking I could chill out there for a few days.

We hit the road after 10 on Friday and good chunk of Friday was spent in Llandudno which was fantastic in the sunny weather, I got the feeling that the local council are under the kosh of caravan park owners with no motorhome parking from 12 midnight to 8am or something like that on many streets. Crazy thing is that we thought about staying over and googled touring sites but there were none within walking distance of the town. Seems to be that static caravan parks rule north Wales.

Ended up making our way on towards Coventry, stopped about an hour short in Stafford, a long stay carpark close to the town centre marked out as an overnight stop on a few websites.

Coventry was functional, did a bit of research on parking for the Ricoh Arena and found one that does motorhome parking and camping for concerts, I asked in advance about overnighting and they obliged. They opened a general booking for Campers/Motorhomes, one other was booked and paid in advance but we had the place to ourselves. It was a case of being locked in overnight which was all good with us, 3 kids in tow, they gave us a code for a pedestrian gate for yesterday evening. We arranged for the owners to come by this morning to open up, they were bringing their dogs down to exercise so my eldest lad was delighted to get a chance to throw a few tennis balls for them before leaving.

Ended up in Chester this evening, the little rodee car park, a lovely setup with no overheads beyond the long stay carpark that it is, got a perfect spot along the river bank walk. Lots of others here too, such a simple setup and all we really need.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.