eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Leisure batteries

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #81
Varta ldf 90 has good reviews if you have the space for one ,get the highest Ah battery you can fit in the space you have

Liked by: ggackp

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Leisure batteries

· 
Posted: 15.07.2020  ·  #82
Quote by insider

I've dropped to 12.26V after 49AHr(75% SOC) with a 1.8A draw at time of reading. I stopped the test at that stage and the voltage rests at 12.41V but given the table on the page you referenced I should be resting between 12.8 & 12.5. The table also references a conventional lead acid and that should be resting at 12.4 to 12.1 @75% SOC which is roughly where I am. This is what confuses me as I am see the results corresponding to a conventional lead acid but aandn state I should be seeing higher voltage. What I'm looking for is someone with real world experience of the Varta LFD90. Is 12.1V on the LDF 90 roughly equal to 50% SOC at 20°C

I think you would want to be measuring the ‘sitting’ voltage before trying to make some sense of the battery state of charge. You should let the battery sit unloaded for 24 hours. That pretty much means disconnected. That might mess up your battery monitor synchronization, so you wouldn’t want to be doing it too often. The true measure for state of charge would be to measure the specific gravity of each cell’s electrolyte. But once you know your battery monitor is synced up and you trust it, you can just rely on its percentage charge.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.