Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

RSA motorbike safety

· 
Posted: 10.03.2019  ·  #1
While this is a motorhome based forum, there is a good few folk who combine a motorcycle with the wagon. Some may use the motorcycle as a short hop tour and the mh as a long hop tour.
The RSA are conducting a survey on motorcycle users needs and desires.
Please apply here,

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Road-…ts-Survey/

While most people may dismiss these surveys as BS, the civil services operates on such surveys.
Please reference motorhomecraic.com in your survey response.
Mhc needs to build a recognition with the same civil services

stu8rty
Craic Addict
Homepage: belfastflyers.com
My Motorhome: Lunar champ H621
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8 2005
Subject:

Re: RSA motorbike safety

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #2
As I motorcyclist myself I filled in the questionnaire which is mostly multiple choice apart from one which asked for a comment and I enjoyed the chance to have a rant regarding Diesel spills, pot holes and cyclists riding three abreast on country roads with no regard to the huge queue to traffic behind them. There nearly as bad as Motorhomers driving down B roads with a speed limit of 60mph and they sit at 40mph and refuse to pull in at a safe place and let the queue of traffic behind them pass safely :-)

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #3
Quote by stu8rty

As I motorcyclist myself I filled in the questionnaire which is mostly multiple choice apart from one which asked for a comment and I enjoyed the chance to have a rant regarding Diesel spills, pot holes and cyclists riding three abreast on country roads with no regard to the huge queue to traffic behind them. There nearly as bad as Motorhomers driving down B roads with a speed limit of 60mph and they sit at 40mph and refuse to pull in at a safe place and let the queue of traffic behind them pass safely :-)

Totally agree with your sentiments. I don't know if it's me but the amount and size of potholes seems to be really bad this last number of years.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #4
Good stuff, I'm a motorcyclist myself so I took the time to fill out the whole survey honestly.

Even left them some feedback about cellphone use which to me is the biggest issue and not being tackled enough.

It's scary the amount of people texting or on social media while commuting.

PS: If you do it and think you're in control of your vehicle, let me tell you that you're absolutely not in control and you're all over the road with a high risk of creating an accident.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #5
Yeah filled it out too. Dont know if they will implement my suggestion that bike thieves should get a mandatory 20 year sentence after being castrated.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #6
Quote by ROBANDSUE

Yeah filled it out too. Dont know if they will implement my suggestion that bike thieves should get a mandatory 20 year sentence after being castrated.

You sir, have my full support!

VOTE ROB 2020

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #7
The tv add they showed as part of the questionaire was good. i hadn't seen it before. Lets hope it slows a few lads down. You wouldn't believe the speed of some lads flying past our place over the weekend. On Saturday especially. The first mild sunny day of the year and my garden sounded like trackside in Mondello...

The only thing I mentioned on the feedback section was about folks running through red traffic lights for the 2-3 seconds just after the lights have turned red. Its a pet hate of mine!
Unfortunately it looks like this country needs traffic light cameras... :-(

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #8
I have been a motorcyclist for years and am always very aware when I am in the car about motorcyclists around me. I had occasion where I pulled out in front of a biker and nearly caused an accident, I just hadn’t seen him. This happened at Muckamore, Antrim under the railway bridge coming up to the Belfast Road. Ally and a few locals will know it. It used to be a give way and people had a quick look and drove on. I made a conscious decision to stop each time at that junction before I even looked to my right. After that I was rear ended at that junction 3 times in the car by other car drivers not seeing me stop, once by a nurse, second by a soldier and third by a taxi driver. The third time I almost lost it. Since then traffic lights have been installed.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

RSA motorbike safety

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #9
Quote by RTV

Quote by ROBANDSUE

VOTE ROB 2020

Come on lads castrated? >_<

You can only do that once. :o

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #10
Quote by sprinter

Quote by RTV

Quote by ROBANDSUE

VOTE ROB 2020

Come on lads castrated? >_<
a bit at a time Martin, a bit at a time
:D

You can only do that once. :o

Tomo76
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #11
Filled it out fairly honestly.....
I did point out in the comments section to resist the urge to make new legislation which will make it more difficult to get a bike licence.

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.03.2019  ·  #12
I was against the testing proposal, I don’t see that there is any justification for introducing another layer of bureaucracy which will just make it more difficult to ride a bike. I saw a study somewhere that pointed to less than 2% of accidents being due to mechanical issues. Bikers generally maintain their machinery much more than car drivers and it’s worked fine so far.
Look at the farce of a system we have with the cvrt as opposed to the nct. More expensive and harder to pass plus a nice little percentage for the RSA, not what is needed for bikes at all.
Their problem is the nct don’t do bikes so they will have to have it done through a bike shop probably a main dealer and they aren’t thick on the ground.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.