TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

French speed cameras

· 
Posted: 07.03.2019  ·  #1
I was driving along one of the French Autoroutes the other day and was flashed by a speed camera, I wasn’t speeding, not really, well maybe a little, slightly maybe. Ok I was doing 95 in a 90. My question is, has anyone received a fine from France. Oh and another one I was on the Autoroute doing 100 in 130 speed limit and was flashed again. I think the camera has picked me as a lorry which is only allowed to do 90. I remember getting flashed years ago but never heard anything more about it

vino
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: panel van conversion
Base Vehicle: citroen relay 2.2
Subject:

Re: French speed cameras

· 
Posted: 07.03.2019  ·  #2
I was flashed at last year in France ( still having nightmares about it ) Still waiting on fine,same thing happened a couple of years ago but heard nothing. Hope for the best.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2019  ·  #3
I was flashed twice last year, one on the Rennes ring road and the other on the motorway heading into Cherbourg and have heard nothing but possibly I was flashed as a truck

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2019  ·  #4
From discussions on other forums, very few motorhomers who have been flashed (outside of built up areas were the limit is 50kph) have received fines through the post. It does as eirbus has said seem to be the case that trucks have lower speed limits on some categories of road than private vehicles, consequently you can be flashed, but your photo disregarded when some form of filtering is carried out.

Davy

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2019  ·  #5
I wouldn't be worrying about 95 in a 90... especially with the calibration accuracy of a Fiat Ducato speedo (most over read.. and by some margin). It most likely mistook you for a truck.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.03.2019  ·  #6
Yep....Flashed twice on a trip 2 years ago, Never received anything in the post, I doubt think you will either :up:

BigMal
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Hobby 750
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.03.2019  ·  #7
I have been flashed on numerous occasions in both a car and a MH while driving in France over the years and have never heard a thing. I don't think they can pursue fixed camera offences as they have no legal means of discovering the ownership of the vehicle, the driver at the time or enforcing any fine they may impose.

I did get a ticket once from Holland but I had been driving a hire car so they had the first two of the above from the hire company. For the record I didn't bother paying and they were unable to enforce it in any way. The final twist in the tale however is that six (yes 6) years later I was returning from Europe via Schipol Airport in Amsterdam and was arrested at the check in desk and locked in an airport cell until I stumped up the fine, tripled to teach me a lesson.

Moral of the story is the Dutch are like Elephants and never forget.................. On the plus side they have great coffee shops

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2019  ·  #8
Quote by BigMal
Moral of the story is the Dutch are like Elephants and never forget.................. On the plus side they have great coffee shops

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2019  ·  #9
Alot of police speed checks this year some of them in very blind spots also alot of the 90 kph limits dropped to 80 kph which makes the going a bit slower

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.