panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Brittany ferries woes

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #1
Well craicers....we should have been sailing from Santander's yesterday but it was cancelled due to generator problems. We now have to wait till Sunday for next sailing to cork. I work for myself so not a problem...in fact...I'm enjoying Santander's!...my wife has to be back at work for Monday so booked her a Ryanair's flight from Santander's to Dublin on Sunday evening.....looks like it's just me and 2 colliers for return sailing..... brittany ferries need to get their act together with this route....don't think it will last with this carry on.....

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Brittany ferries woes

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #2
That’s a bugger alright. At least Mariela will be able to get back on time. We too are leaving today. Oh to be retired

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #3
Quote by panda

Well craicers....we should have been sailing from Santander's yesterday but it was cancelled due to generator problems. We now have to wait till Sunday for next sailing to cork. I work for myself so not a problem...in fact...I'm enjoying Santander's!...my wife has to be back at work for Monday so booked her a Ryanair's flight from Santander's to Dublin on Sunday evening.....looks like it's just me and 2 colliers for return sailing..... brittany ferries need to get their act together with this route....don't think it will last with this carry on.....

That’s a bugger, but mechanical break downs do happen, I would be more annoyed if they had two half full sailings and pulled a quick one by putting the two sailings into one.Was it full on the way out John?

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #4
Quote by Daffysparks

That’s a bugger alright. At least Mariela will be able to get back on time. We too are leaving today. Oh to be retired

Tell me about it.....lots of retired campers here at the free aire.....

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #5
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by panda

That’s a bugger, but mechanical break downs do happen, I would be more annoyed if they had two half full sailings and pulled a quick one by putting the two sailings into one.Was it full on the way out John?

Not full on way out pat or return by the looks of it. This is not an isolated problem though....talked to many passengers who have had outward sailings cancelled for days...not hours. It seems to me if this ship was a car it wouldn't pass its nct!

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #6
On the bright side I get 2 more days in sunny Spain!.....did I mention the cheap beer ? !!!

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #7
Rub it in John, why dont ya :lol:

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #8
We were delayed for a few hours too from Cork outbound...... and with same problem, the generator.
Seems they’re not in top of this fault yet.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #9
Quote by JJF

We were delayed for a few hours too from Cork outbound...... and with same problem, the generator.
Seems they’re not in top of this fault yet.

They are flying a crew of techs from Ireland to fix it......Yes..... an ongoing problem seemingly.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #10
less more payload

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.01.2019  ·  #11
Quote by panda

On the bright side I get 2 more days in sunny Spain!.....did I mention the cheap beer ? !!!

Now you're whistling Dixie :)

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.01.2019  ·  #12
Hola craicers.....sitting having lunch onboard the Connemara.....she's ready to sail. Dropped mirela my wife off at airport in Santander's earlier....she flies home this evening to be in work tomorrow. Doggies in cabin will be treated to a large lump of beef I didn't eat so it makes room for more beer!..... what can I say....fabulous time was had over xmas here in Spain....fabulous weather to match....

ALLY....We need to organise a craic meet here.....we can help their tourism and economy with our beer consumption alone!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.