panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

Personalised doggie harness

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #1

We bought 2 new Julius K9 dog harness for our upcoming Spanish trip and decided to bling them up a bit with personalised custom logo patche's. Just detach the Julius K9 strip and the new velcro patche's can be attached. There is no end of text you can get done, I opted for their name's and the Tricolour Flag.....Bit of Craic :-)

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

Re: Personalised doggie harness

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #2
Very snazzy . Are the harnesses expensive?

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #3
Quote by The Rambler

Very snazzy . Are the harnesses expensive?

34.99 Euro each from Zooplus. Smaller size's are cheaper. Got the custom patche's from Canis Callidus in the US....Pretty reasonable, I got 6 patche's all in delivered for 32 US Dollar's.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #4
Quote by panda

I opted for their name's and the Tricolour Flag.....Bit of Craic :-)

WOT! :o No Motorhome Craic logo? shame on you. :(

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #5
Look great!

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #6
Quote by Flipperdipper

Quote by panda

I opted for their name's and the Tricolour Flag.....Bit of Craic :-)

WOT! :o No Motorhome Craic logo? shame on you. :(

Thinking of getting more ....Will see if they can do the Motorhome Craic logo on the patch.....Hopefully the royaltie's to Ally wont bankrupt me! :-)

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #7
What’s the idea about the harness instead of a regular collar, if you don’t me asking. Curious

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #8
Quote by Daffysparks

What’s the idea about the harness instead of a regular collar, if you don’t me asking. Curious

You haven't been watching those videos correctly.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #9
Quote by Daffysparks

Glad you asked Dave, The reason for the harness is they cant break free from them once attached to us with a lead. Earlier this year whilst walking up Kenmare mainstreet, panda got spooked suddenly and broke free from his collar, He ran straight out onto the road, Luckily the car's were going slow enough to stop in time. I decided to order them when we booked our trip to Spain on the Ferry, I'm now paranoid of it happening again and losing one them overboard, Worst case scenario I know but that's paranoia for ya!

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #10
Quote by panda

Quote by Daffysparks

Glad you asked Dave, The reason for the harness is they cant break free from them once attached to us with a lead. Earlier this year whilst walking up Kenmare mainstreet, panda got spooked suddenly and broke free from his collar, He ran straight out onto the road, Luckily the car's were going slow enough to stop in time. I decided to order them when we booked our trip to Spain on the Ferry, I'm now paranoid of it happening again and losing one them overboard, Worst case scenario I know but that's paranoia for ya!

Don't rely on that idea two of our dogs, Lìath and the Pomerania both have walked backwards out of the harness.
That said it is easer to control them walking without doing damage to their necks. Like with a regular collar or choke chains.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #11
Oh right how many points are they attached to the lead then. I only see one, just like a collar. Not disagreeing with you. Just see one connection point

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #12
Quote by sprinter

Quote by panda

Quote by Daffysparks

Don't rely on that idea two of our dogs, Lìath and the Pomerania both have walked backwards out of the harness.
That said it is easer to control them walking without doing damage to their necks. Like with a regular collar or choke chains.

You are right Martin, Nothing in life is 100% but these harnesses are rated highly and used by many police force's around the world, They are definitely better than the collar at keeping them restrained.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #13
Quote by panda

Quote by sprinter

Quote by panda

Quote by Daffysparks

You are right Martin, Nothing in life is 100% but these harnesses are rated highly and used by many police force's around the world, They are definitely better than the collar at keeping them restrained.

That's the word restrained going forward but if they don't want to go they can pull out of it .
And yes there is only a D ring on the upper back with a chest strap.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #14
Don’t think we’ll have an issue with buddy. He depends on his lead and finds it a comfort in strange surroundings. Doesn’t stop the little fecker robbing my shoes and holding them ransom for a treat at home though

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #15
Quote by Daffysparks

Oh right how many points are they attached to the lead then. I only see one, just like a collar. Not disagreeing with you. Just see one connection point

Have a look at the video, It show's eveything. One connection point yes, but that's all you need, it's tested to 240 kgs break load. These harnesses are far better than the standard neck collar. Some dog's are excitable, some not. Collie's are the excitable type and I'm not taking the chance with a standard neck collar, Had one bad experience already this year......Beside's, You can get saddle bag attachment's that can carry your beer when going for walk's 8-) What's not to like!

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #16
Only 240 kg. Put a biscuit in front of Buddy and he would break 2400.
Seriously if you find it a benefit
Then we’ll done for hunting it down and finding it. They certainly look very comfortable. Well done 👍

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #17
Quote by sprinter

Quote by panda

Quote by sprinter

Quote by panda

Quote by Daffysparks

That's the word restrained going forward but if they don't want to go they can pull out of it .
And yes there is only a D ring on the upper back with a chest strap.

Should have gone to Spec Saver's Martin, There is an Unbreakable under body strap also, When fitted correctly they cant break free going forward, backwards or even upside downwards :happy:

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #18
Jesus. That sounds like me on a night out. Maybe Ben should get one for me.
Ooh I love dressing up 😳😳

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #19
I prefer our little pooch on a harness. I have a seat belt clip adapter that I can use to buckle her in the car and use it to buckle her in the camper. In a collision she is not going to get yanked by the neck. And on the lead I don’t need to yank her on the neck to correct her.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.12.2018  ·  #20
Quote by The Rambler

I prefer our little pooch on a harness. I have a seat belt clip adapter that I can use to buckle her in the car and use it to buckle her in the camper. In a collision she is not going to get yanked by the neck. And on the lead I don’t need to yank her on the neck to correct her.

Good point Jason, The harness is also better for when travelling in the Camper...

Phoebe
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail Apache
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #21
We had this harness for our chocolate lab. The other half got "he's drinking, I'm waiting" on his sticker! I used for running with her but it's not made for that, which I didn't realise, and it friction burned her under arms. Felt awful. But otherwise a great harness. Shes gotten stuck In Rivers etc and with the handle on top we have lifted her out. She weighs about 26 kilo.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #22
Quote by panda

Quote by The Rambler

Good point Jason, The harness is also better for when travelling in the Camper...

Suppose if you got a couple on webbing straps ,they could Probably give you a pull start. if the battery went flat. :lol:

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #23
Quote by sprinter

Quote by panda

Quote by The Rambler

Suppose if you got a couple on webbing straps ,they could Probably give you a pull start. if the battery went flat. :lol:

Ho ho ho!

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #24
Quote by Phoebe

We had this harness for our chocolate lab. The other half got "he's drinking, I'm waiting" on his sticker! I used for running with her but it's not made for that, which I didn't realise, and it friction burned her under arms. Felt awful. But otherwise a great harness. Shes gotten stuck In Rivers etc and with the handle on top we have lifted her out. She weighs about 26 kilo.

Yes indeed Phoebe.....Not made for running, Chasing ball etc. Good to get feedback from someone who has used them. We just got them for travelling on boats, walking in busy towns/streets etc where we dont want them breaking loose.

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #25
Quote by Phoebe

We had this harness for our chocolate lab. The other half got "he's drinking, I'm waiting" on his sticker!

Brilliant!....They are great fun....Must order some more!

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #26
[url=https://www.ebay.co.uk

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.12.2018  ·  #27
Love it! :up:

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.12.2018  ·  #28
Pups are looking very smart! :)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.