W.B.Yeats ends sea trails today.

Subject:

W.B.Yeats ends sea trails today.

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #1
It seems the W.B.Yeats has returned from sea trails today. There is still no date for Irish ferries to take possession although it is suggested it will sail to France from March 2019.
FULL STORY HERE

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: W.B.Yeats ends sea trails today.

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #2
I am slightly surprised that Irish Ferries have not released dates for France 2019 yet. I think I was booked by this time last year. I wonder are they trying not to tempt fate with the Yeats not in service yet. Seems like Stena and Brittany Ferries have been available for ages.

Davy

Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #3
I agree Davy. We also booked in November last year for this summer.

Currently Irish Ferries are failing to reply to my emails regarding the €130 price difference from what I booked and what I got this year. They think because I got a sailing with cabin in each direction it is the same thing and no refund is owed. If I had booked (in November) the sailings I actually got it would have cost €130 less.

thepilote
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: PILOTE REFERENCE
Base Vehicle: DUCATO
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #4
I booked Irish Ferries Sep. 2017 for May/June this year. Sent them an email some weeks ago asking when bookings would open for next year, still waiting for reply.

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2018  ·  #5
I E-mailed them beginning of October and they replied stating that they will be releasing dates in November. I would imagine they have held back to ensure they have the new vessel in place.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.11.2018  ·  #6
We all know that the WB Yeats has been delayed by 6 months at this stage.
I suspect that the boat builders will only release the boat after they have been paid. It stands to reason that Irish Ferries are looking for a discount on the purchase price due to the delayed delivery. There is probably a boardroom battle happening behind the scenes.
We the customer, only affect the following year's balance sheet. Simply, if we are screwed in 2018, it only affects the 2019 financial report.
The ICG, (Irish Ferries parent company ) usually hold their AGM in May, so they have about another month or so to tidy up their stuff, implement an action plan, print the shareholders dividends, and then launch the financial report in front of a bed of blooming roses with sparkling white teeth.
For those who were rebooked with promised discounts and upgrades, etc. contact Irish Ferries customer services and give them a ton of grief, every week.
Without a loyal customer base, their business becomes very difficult in the boardroom.
I believe that the haulage industry is piling the grief onto the directors at the moment due to the multiple farces during the summer.
Malcolm

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.