hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Annagassan

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #1
Thinking of taking a weekend in annagassan heads up anyone about food, bars ,shops music🎸🍻

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

Re: Annagassan

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #2
was there a couple of weeks ago. was fishing so didnt see much of anything but the harbour. nice place to spend a night

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #3
It’s a nice quiet place Robert. Just the one shop, 2 pups one of which does food. There’s fresh water tap. It’s on the app.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #4
Is the fishing any good there? It’s fairly close to me like Carlingford so have only stopped off for a bit rather than staying.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #5
Plenty of bites gavin, but none caught. I think we were only feeding the crabs. It was more like a session with my son, two sons in law and 2 grandsons. Good craic though and a lovely spot.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #6
Yes, great wee spot, the Glyde Inn does great food and a good pint. When the tide goes out you can walk for miles on the sand.

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.10.2018  ·  #7
I didn’t see sand when I visited - the tide was out and lots of mud in the harbour and a sign saying quicksand I didn’t venture out!

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.10.2018  ·  #8
As far as I'm aware, the quicksand is just where the trawlers come in. Around the corner southwards, there is a huge walking area where we often see dogs being walked. Whether it's sand or mud is debatable, but there is lots of it!

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2018  ·  #9
In annagassan just had a cuppa going to head into town for a pint 🍺

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2018  ·  #10
I called into Annagassan today after visiting the Aire in Castleblaney. I was very impressed with the setting and playpark etc there as I have very young kids and will be back for an overnight.

I went looking for the sand in Annagassan but there is too much mud for it to be safe for young kids. My 4 year old went to look into a rock pool, got his welly stuck and ended up on his back in the pool when the welly came free! Cue back to the motorhome for a full change! I counted 7 Motorhomes with more heading that way as I was leaving. I did spot a motorhome craic on the back of a Chausson. Everyone seems to keep well back from the working end of the pier which must be a unwritten rule/courtesy.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2018  ·  #11
For a better beach, take the coast road south. After about 10 minutes you come to a tiny village called Togher, turn left and follow your nose until you hit about 3 miles of beaches leading into Clogher head. There are a few carparks beside the beach but are barriered. However there are wide grass verges to park along side the road.
Malcolm

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2018  ·  #12
Gavster. You must have missed my Craic sticker. You should’ve called and said hi. 8 vans here at the minute. A beautiful evening.

AliPhatCamper
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2018  ·  #13
Quote by Thorn123

For a better beach, take the coast road south. After about 10 minutes you come to a tiny village called Togher, turn left and follow your nose until you hit about 3 miles of beaches leading into Clogher head. There are a few carparks beside the beach but are barriered. However there are wide grass verges to park along side the road.
Malcolm

Cheers, Thorn123. You mentioned parking on the wide grass verges in the Togher area. Have you overnighted?

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2018  ·  #14
Like gavster , I travel with water inclined kids on board but my kids are heading for pre teenagers.
Would I want to overnight at my suggested beach location, I don't know because my recommendation was about beach activities.
I have seen a few camper parked up in the general area but we would be inclined to overnight in Annagasson or Clogher head because they are more suited.
Malcolm

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.10.2018  ·  #15

Gavster. You must have missed my Craic sticker. You should’ve called and said hi. 8 vans here at the minute. A beautiful evening.

I saw your sticker alright but there didn’t seem to be anyone around and then I saw you coming back but I was in the middle of changing a grumpy and wet 4 year old so it was home time shortly after that! We were only calling for a quick stop anyway.

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.05.2019  ·  #16
Was in Annagassan last evening without the campervan. Talking to locals they have an interesting insight into us using the harbour.

Apparently since we have been using the harbour the number of thefts of batteries and fuel from working boats has reduced dramatically. Apparently we are providing 24 hour security..

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.05.2019  ·  #17
Quote by Eamonn

Was in Annagassan last evening without the campervan. Talking to locals they have an interesting insight into us using the harbour.

Apparently since we have been using the harbour the number of thefts of batteries and fuel from working boats has reduced dramatically. Apparently we are providing 24 hour security..

That's a fantastic bit of news, pity something like that doesn't hit the headlines. Other harbours take note, we are happy to provide this free service nationwide. :up:

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.05.2019  ·  #18
Ah but thefts of parking spaces that cars could use are way up and that’s what really matters in many harbours and towns! 😬

Good news story alright. 👍

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.