Have Irish ferries changed there booking policy.

smc
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #1
Have Irish ferries changed there booking policy???

I tried book rosslare France one motor home one person fine ,went to book cabin but system wont let u book ,it say u have two many berths booked so u can't complete booking ,but if u go back to the booking add another fictional passenger u can proceed but at higher price ,I booked many before with one person did not have this difficulty..and I'm sure at end of the booking they will want name of the fictional passenger .
Surely this can't be right or even legal .
Any ideas

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #2
Quote by smc

I tried book rosslare France one motor home one person fine ,went to book cabin but system wont let u book ,it say u have two many berths booked so u can't complete booking ,but if u go back to the booking add another fictional passenger u can proceed but at higher price ,I booked many before with one person did not have this difficulty..and I'm sure at end of the booking they will want name of the fictional passenger .
Any ideas

Phone them and ask the customer service people Tel: 01 607 5700 and let us know what they say.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Have Irish ferries changed there booking policy.

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #3
Sometimes when you book the vehicle it automatically books a reserved seat, so if this is the case untick the seat and then book the cabin.
Quote by smc

Any ideas

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #4
No,I don't think they have changed their policy,This can happen quite often whilst making a booking,we had this problem last year also,I noticed if you pick a dearer cabin even with more berths than you need ,you will get it,but sometimes you cant get the cheaper cabins.

R&N
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Lyseo 700 TD Auto
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #5
Do the names of passengers not go in first on booking form?
I know in a 3 Star 2berth, with 2adults, a 4yr old who slept with one parent and baby in cot they had to book a reclining seat in lounge...which they didn’t use.
For the ships manifest list they need to know how many passengers are on board.

smc
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #6
I have tried with a seat option that's no problem ,I tried with more expensive cabin but no joy there either same msg appears.
I have booked number times before and never econtered that problem as there isn't a cabin just for one person .
I don't think computers change on there own a human must have deliberately done this ,perhaps they don't want just single bookings better 2 or more bodies gets a bigger spend.
Think I just shift over to stenna as it's similar pricing .

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #7
Quote by smc

I have tried with a seat option that's no problem ,I tried with more expensive cabin but no joy there either same msg appears.
I have booked number times before and never econtered that problem as there isn't a cabin just for one person .
I don't think computers change on there own a human must have deliberately done this ,perhaps they don't want just single bookings better 2 or more bodies gets a bigger spend.
Think I just shift over to stenna as it's similar pricing .

The computer system when booking at the busy times will try to maximize the cabin occupancy.

Call Janet in the customer services center at 0818300400.or the main office number on 35316075700 and ask to be put through to Her and she will sort it out for you.
They are always most helpful. when they are allowed.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2018  ·  #8
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Sometimes when you book the vehicle it automatically books a reserved seat, so if this is the case untick the seat and then book the cabin.
Quote by smc

Any ideas

Yes, I found that also in the past :up:

smc
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.09.2018  ·  #9
Hi all I have tried again this morning and it works .
Thanks a lot to all who helped and tom thanks for the screen shots ,I don't think I had a seat selected before I selected a cabin but perhaps it's just me getting old ,I think the most likely scenario was the comment above the company trying to maximize profit and they have many sitting on there system to achieve that.
But anyway thanks again all .
Smc

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.