Visiting Ireland

pamela

Subject:

Visiting Ireland

· 
Posted: 04.09.2012  ·  #1
Hi me and hubby are visiting Ireland in sept hopefully 17. From pembrickshire to rossalair for one week , we want to do ring of Kerry then be back to Kilmore quay by the weekend 23sep to meet friends for a few days .. Any advice on camp sites or wild or caravan club sites also info on ring of Kerry , not much to ask for lol but we don't have a clue xx

Subject:

Re: Visiting Ireland

· 
Posted: 04.09.2012  ·  #2
Hi Pamela and welcome to the forum

When you are in Kerry it would be worth a visit to Kilarney as there are great historical locations and mountain walks etc.
A nice clean campsite just outside the town is White Villa Farm. It is better priced then the two in the town and is very quiet.
The link below is for their site.
http://www.killarneycaravanpark.com/content/

If you travel to Dingle peninsula the Anchor site in Castlegregory is nice too.
Link for them below.
http://www.anchorcaravanpark.com/

Enjoy your trip.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2012  ·  #3
I'd recommend Mannix point campsite in cahersiveen, Co Kerry.

I can almost guarantee you will be enchanted.

51.943101,-10.243893

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2012  ·  #4
Heading west you could try these towns/villages which all have overnight parking from which you will not be 'moved on' from and which are unofficially official, if you get my meaning.

Kilmore Quay, Waterford City (Bolton St. P&D car park), Passage East, Dunmore East (headland overlooking fishing harbour), Dungarvan (The Lookout), Midleton (Corabbey carpark or Camperworld), Cobh (Whitepoint Moorings aka The Fivefoot Way), Cork City (Black Ash P+R, but not overnight), Kinsale (Speckled Door Pub, Old Head), Skibbereen (Tragumna, Skibbereen Eagle Pub also Lough Hyne), Baltimore, Bantry (facing Garda Station, to left of Fire Station), Glengarriff, Castletownbere (behind tourist office), Allihies (Ballydonegan Strand), Kilmakilloge Harbour, Kemnare (at the Pier)..... and on to The Ring of Kerry, if you still have time left after visiting some of what is the best touring country and scenery Ireland has to offer.

If you are unsure about the best place to park at any of the above just ask at the local tourist office (if there is one opened), pub or shop.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.