Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

What's Terryglass like?

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #1
Heading to Lough Boora, more than likely visit the Lough tomorrow.

Looking for somewhere to overnight tonight and Terryglass is coming up on the radar.

What's it like?

We were at Shannon Harbour a couple of weeks ago and were put off by the Waterways Ireland No Campervan signs.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: What's Terryglass like?

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #2
Quote by Eamonn

We were at Shannon Harbour a couple of weeks ago and were put off by the Waterways Ireland No Campervan signs.

How long are those signs there? Are they on all waterways Ireland stop overs now?

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #3
Quote by Eamonn

The road between the boats and the old hotel ruins is for boat owners and Waterways Ireland don't want motorhomes parked there. If you go to the other side of the canal onto the grass there's no problem. There is also a third road at the back of the old hotel which leads down to the workshops and storage yard, parking was never a problem here either. The main thing to remember is that boat owners take priority and the area beside the boats is their territory.

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #4
Quote by Eamonn

Heading to Lough Boora, more than likely visit the Lough tomorrow.

Looking for somewhere to overnight tonight and Terryglass is coming up on the radar.

What's it like?

Terryglass is great can be busy during the day so as long as you find a space to park you can always move later to a better spot . Two great pubs just a nice dander up in the village .
Just ignore the no overnight parking
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do .

D A V
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Terryglass

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #5
Terryglass is a beautiful stopover I often use it, as already stated keep bach from the water edge /slipway,my daughter is a local and last year selfish motorhome owners parked night after night just left of the slipway making is difficult for boat owners and blocking the view for day visitors.
It will be a shame if like Howth we can no longer use it and the few selfish motorhome owners spoil it for the rest of us

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2018  ·  #6
Spent 2 nights in Terryglass.

Some very inconsiderate MH owners there taking up 2 spaces in a very crowded car park with tables and chairs and generators running beside the boats.

Very busy up to about 7pm or so with boats being taken from the water. Jetty was congested because of MH's parked where the boats should stop to be secured.

Other than that a fine spot, plenty of people camping and great pubs up the road, footpath from the marina (almost) all the way to the pub.

No Overnight Parking signs but that would also apply to boat owners so I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2018  ·  #7
Quote by Eamonn

Spent 2 nights in Terryglass.

Some very inconsiderate MH owners there taking up 2 spaces in a very crowded car park with tables and chairs and generators running beside the boats.

Very busy up to about 7pm or so with boats being taken from the water. Jetty was congested because of MH's parked where the boats should stop to be secured.

🇧🇭

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2018  ·  #8
Quote by Eamonn

................................... Some very inconsiderate MH owners there taking up 2 spaces in a very crowded car park with tables and chairs and generators running .................................................

LITTER POLLUTION ACT, 1997
“litter” means a substance or object, whether or not intended as waste (other than waste within the meaning of the Waste Management Act, 1996 , which is properly consigned for disposal) that, when deposited in a place other than a litter receptacle or other place lawfully designated for the deposit, is or is likely to become unsightly, deleterious, nauseous or unsanitary, whether by itself or with any other such substance or object, and regardless of its size or volume or the extent of the deposit;

A fellow club member whose job involves litter control says that putting out tables and chairs etc. constitutes an 'object' within the meaning of The Act and persons responsible can be prosecuted under The Act. :happy:

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2018  ·  #9
Quote by baguette

Quote by Eamonn

................................... Some very inconsiderate MH owners there taking up 2 spaces in a very crowded car park with tables and chairs and generators running .................................................

“litter” means a substance or object, whether or not intended as waste (other than waste within the meaning of the Waste Management Act, 1996 , which is properly consigned for disposal) that, when deposited in a place other than a litter receptacle or other place lawfully designated for the deposit, is or is likely to become unsightly, deleterious, nauseous or unsanitary, whether by itself or with any other such substance or object, and regardless of its size or volume or the extent of the deposit;

A fellow club member whose job involves litter control says that putting out tables and chairs etc. constitutes an 'object' within the meaning of The Act and persons responsible can be prosecuted under The Act. :happy:

You quote all the Act's you like Colin, They aren't worth the paper they are written on if they are not implemented, with prosecutions handed out to offenders and it publicised. I don't know about the rest of ye, but I haven't ever seen anyone been prosecuted for any anti social Motorhome related offense.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2018  ·  #10
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by baguette

Quote by Eamonn

You quote all the Act's you like Colin, They aren't worth the paper they are written on if they are not implemented, with prosecutions handed out to offenders and it publicised. I don't know about the rest of ye, but I haven't ever seen anyone been prosecuted for any anti social Motorhome related offense.

Having reread my post I might have given the impression that I was having a go at Colin, nothing could be further from one truth it is terrific to have someone with Colin’s insight and driving force on board, my way of phrasing things don’t be the best at times😀

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2018  ·  #11
Ya have a way with words Pat,
I know where you are getting at and think every body else will.

And I agree with you, a few prosecutions publicised may waken the in considerate ones up to show a bit of cop on.

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.08.2018  ·  #12
I forgot to mention that there are full (domestic) waste recycling facilities in Terryglass.

Twentyquestions
My Motorhome: Carthago
Base Vehicle: Chic C-Line
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2018  ·  #13
Terryglass is like the girl with the curl, when she's good she's very good but busy weekends and hot summer evenings ( who'd have thought) she can be horrid. Both bar / restaurants are good and the waterways card for showers and toilets is sold in the shop. There is a 2-3km walk around the village. If you play golf Portumna is just down the road and the food in there is worth a call with relaxed parking and good walks for non golfers.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.