Edgar
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Chausson
Base Vehicle: Ford
Subject:

Irish Ferries

· 
Posted: 03.08.2018  ·  #1
Have traveled on Oscar wilde lots of times but looking at sailing out of Dublin port for a change and I see that it’s the Epsilon was wondering what it’s like as I have never sailed on her ,Would I be better to stay with Oscar ?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Irish Ferries

· 
Posted: 03.08.2018  ·  #2
We ended up on the Epsilon on the way out to Holyhead in July as the Ulysses was still being repaired, while it has a lot less than the others it was clean and not over crowded, we took a 4 berth cabin and it was clean and spacious. Would I travel on it again, yes I would. I was apprehensive thinking it would be overcrowded but I was pleasantly surprised

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2018  ·  #3
We sailed on Epsilon September 2016 from Dublin to Cherbourg and whilst I agree with John that the boat was clean and cabins comfortable there was very little to do on the crossing. It has not got the shopping or number of bars,entertainment or eateries that you have on Oscar. The other thing I didn't like was that the van was on the open deck for the crossing. I don't think it would be my choice to use it again for the long crossing to France.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2018  ·  #4
Used her the last 2 years. 2 adults, no kids, cool box, wine and a DVD. Perfect for us traveling from NI.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #5
How does the Stena Horizon compare to the Oscar Wilde or Epislon. There appears be no/little availability for the rest of the season on Oscar Wilde to France.

Are you guaranteed getting the MH inside on the Horizon?

Stoney
Just doing it!
My Motorhome: LeVoyageur
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #6
Stena Horizon is basically the same as Episillon. Both are very basic, no frills ships. Neither would be my choice for the crossing to/from France.

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.08.2018  ·  #7
Horizon is basic compared to OW or PA but its fine, clean and comfortable. Food is fine as well and not that badly priced imo.
Motorhomes and trucks will travel on deck 3 which is a lot more sheltered than the top deck which is only for cars.
That said there are some ventilation holes on the truck/MH deck which can let spray in but not in a huge way, we were parked next to the holes on our outward crossing which was 4-5 and here was some spray on it but nothing major.
Cabins are clean and modern, everything worked and they are well ventilated.
I'd use that service again no problem, especially if its 500 cheaper than the BF Pont Aven.

jasi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2018  ·  #8
Although the other way this might help.

kabundi
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Burstner Harmony 680G
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290 2.3L 130bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2018  ·  #9
Was just about to book Landbridge through England.

Decided to check Irish Ferries again before booking and found that they seem to have released more availability and/or extended the period that Oscar Wilde operates to France.

Was able to book Rosslare/Cherbourg/Dublin out end August, back beginning October, both ways with Oscar Wilde.

SWMBO happy, so I’m happy.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.