When to remove Poi from the user list

or yobs?

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

When to remove Poi from the user list

· 
Posted: 01.09.2012  ·  #1
It's difficult to know when parking overnight in a certain spot if it's going to be okay.

Even some of the places currently on the Poi download have been problematic. It's 2 in the morning and you hear a car door close or voices, laughther, we've all been there.

We had some youth knock our door at the new aires site at Crossmolina Co Mayo back in June.

What I'm saying/kind of asking. When do we need to alert the group? & when do we need to remove a given location off the list.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: When to remove Poi from the user list

· 
Posted: 01.09.2012  ·  #2
I would say if you have had an incident at a poi no matter what, make everyone aware of it then it's up to the rest of us to make a choice of wether to stay at that place or not. If its a regular thing of being disturbed (not in the mental sense cuz that's me buggered if it is) etc. then it gets Aiken off the list. A lot of incidents can be a one off.

GandG
Craic'er
Subject:

POI's

· 
Posted: 01.09.2012  ·  #3
We've all been there, car doors slamming, someone hitting the side of the motorhome.... someone knocking the door in the early hours, we've had it happen when we've been wild-camping on our own, but usually when there are a few othe MH's there, it doesnt happen.
I suggest have a camera to hand, when they see you point it at them....... it'll deter them from doing it again.... either that or a baseball bat
G&G

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.09.2012  ·  #4
We had the same as above ourselves this year, boy racers seems to be coming more of a problem at the poi locations lately.

More likely to happen If there is only one van on their own.

Maybe we should think about changing the name of "Wild Camping and Motorhome Parking", and the POI's ( Points of interest ) to Maybe Say, PTV ( Places to visit ) and let members decide whether or not to stay, And flag the ones that give the most trouble. ? :-)

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.09.2012  ·  #5
All incidents should be reported that way all members can get a feel for the stopover. But I think GandG has hit the nail on the head, it happens and will happen no matter where you are.

If it doesn't feel right - move on.

nipper
Screwed
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2012  ·  #6
I agree Ally, the point I was making was when do we 'motorhomecraic' decide it can't be included on the list.

I answered a motorhomer a month or more ago regarding a place to stay close to Newry, as far as I was concerned it was an ideal spot & would have been perfect for anyone traveling north on the A1. A reply came from a guy in the Newry, warning of theft from cars at this parking spot. The guy kindly offered his driveway for the night, this was grand for the person needing the stop-off, but not for anyone else in the future. Now, I'm not suggesting we ignore such advice, but at the same time there's hardly a car park in the country that this hasn't happened at some point in time. Which makes me think it should have been included on the POI map with a note of some sort in the description.

What do you all think?

Asbestos pants are at the ready this end

:ninja:

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2012  ·  #7
What about some sort of table which shows a user rating, whats there and any reported incidents.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2012  ·  #8
Quote by nipper

Now, I'm not suggesting we ignore such advice, but at the same time there's hardly a car park in the country that this hasn't happened at some point in time. Which makes me think it should have been included on the POI map with a note of some sort in the description.

What do you all think?

Asbestos pants are at the ready this end

:ninja:

If you know the location you could post it here forum/topic.php?t=1264 With the problem and description if no one reports them then we cant correct them!

this is a general description that is included in all the text of the Poi's If we have missed any please let us know.

( Please Note: As the state and the condition of the Poi Locations can change at any time It is entirely up to You whether or Not to stay. For your Personal Safety please Use your own common sense at any of the Poi locations. Please ( REPORT ) any problems, Eg. Signs/Barriers Etc that you find at any of the Poi locations you visit,To www.motorhomecraic.com )

-- ----------------------WARNING:: As Not all locations are suitable for lager Motorhomes Please check your route before you travel. Thank you

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2012  ·  #9
Quote by nipper

Now, I'm not suggesting we ignore such advice, but at the same time there's hardly a car park in the country that this hasn't happened at some point in time. Which makes me think it should have been included on the POI map with a note of some sort in the description.

I would tend to agree with you.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.