France 2019

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

France 2019

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #1
Now that autumn has begun I’m thinking about going to France next summer.

I’ve never been there in the van and wondering is there a good time to book? Do Irish Ferries ever do a 25% sale like they do for ferries across to the UK mainland?

Brittney Ferries (Cork-Roscoff) are allowing bookings for June and it’s coming in at €1200 for myself, wife and three kids. I did consider just myself on the ferry and the other four flying over but no savings to be had.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

France 2019

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #2
Quote by essjay

Now that autumn has begun I’m thinking about going to France next summer.

I’ve never been there in the van and wondering is there a good time to book? Do Irish Ferries ever do a 25% sale like they do for ferries across to the UK mainland?

Brittney Ferries (Cork-Roscoff) are allowing bookings for June and it’s coming in at €1200 for myself, wife and three kids. I did consider just myself on the ferry and the other four flying over but no savings to be had.

yes, you can get deals usually around Christmas time the lower prices will be in the non-peak time

voyager
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: France 2019

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #3
OP, Stena have also opened bookings for 2019 from Rosslare to Cherbourg. They will be cheaper than Brittany Ferries but the sailing takes longer and the ship for sure is not as good as the Pont Aven.
Irish Ferries have not released 2019 sailings to France yet. They are still probably figuring out what ships they will have available by then !
Stena and Irish Ferries somehow manage to price themselves very closely - just look at ferry costs to UK from each. So you would be able to use Stena to get a good estimate for Irish Ferries if you wanted to go with IF.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

France 2019

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #4
for anyone heading to France something that may be of interest
The City of Tours holds a two-day wine tasting street festival ( vitiloire.tours.fr ) on the last weekend of May each year With over 150 wine producers present, there is a great diversity of offers and grape varieties to sample during the two days of the festival. also craft markets, cooking demonstrations from top chefs, and opportunities to learn about wine tasting.
This was this year. ( Viti Loire wine and gourmet festival in Tours, France. 26 - 27 May 2018 )
6-euro for a glass that you can taste wine out of for two days.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #5
cabin booked anyway

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #6
Just looked on Stenaline. €922 for Rosslare/Cherbourg return, motorhome, two adults and three children, 6 berth outside cabin in June.

July works out nearly 50% more expensive.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2018  ·  #7
Another thing to take into account when comparing Irish Ferries and Stena prices on the Rosslare to Cherbourg route is the time of arrival in Cherbourg.
In high season IF arrive at 11am where Stena arrive at 4:30pm. Although the Stena price may be cheaper a family of five could end up spending more than the difference on lunch (and maybe dinner) while the IF customer has over 5 hours drive over them.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.