Quarry View Touring Park, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd - Zip World Slate Caverns

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

Quarry View Touring Park, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd - Zip World Slate Caverns

· 
Posted: 24.07.2018  ·  #1
A hidden gem of a campsite and only into its 10th week when we visited in July 2018. Built by Motorhome owners Janet and John, in terms of layout and features for a quiet and compact site, it really doesn't get any better than this. The site is within walking distance of Zip Caverns (worthwhile staying parked up on site if you can, as despite having plenty of outdoor parking space, Zip Caverns staff were directing all MHs back out of their car park and onto a construction site where they are converting the old slate mine offices into a hotel 😒)

The road leading up to the entrance is quite narrow (not Janet and John's fault) although it is well signed and by the time you reach Blaenau Ffestiniog, you will be well accustomed to narrow Welsh roads.

At £30 per night (remember this is Wales), Quarry view has the best toilet and shower block in the business (all within in tariff). I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Re: Quarry View Touring Park, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd - Zip World Slate Caverns

· 
Posted: 25.07.2018  ·  #2
Any entertainment for kids there apart from the zip lines? Playground etc?

We'll be over in August and planning to visit the mines so this might be a handy place to stay.

Craic Addict
Subject:

Re: Quarry View Touring Park, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd - Zip World Slate Caverns

· 
Posted: 25.07.2018  ·  #3
Quote by essjay

Any entertainment for kids there apart from the zip lines? Playground etc?

Zip World Bounce below is good for all age groups. Zip World Caverns for older children and adults (adrenaline junkies) - once you complete the training you go around the course on your own. You need to book in advance as it will be busy during school holidays. We went specifically for Zip and spent one night before moving on.

essjay
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2018  ·  #4
OK thanks. I meant other than the mines, does the site have a playground or anything? Something to entertain the kids in the evening.

My kids are 4,6,8. We'll do a day/few hours on the trampolines or something.

Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2018  ·  #5
Quote by essjay

OK thanks. I meant other than the mines, does the site have a playground or anything? Something to entertain the kids in the evening.

Not in Ffestiniog (its a small ex slate mining town). Other places are close by.

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2018  ·  #6
£30 quid a night!!!!! 😳

AliPhatCamper
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2018  ·  #7
Stayed in Newtown Cove park at Tramore, Co. Waterford, July, one night.

31 Euro per night.

15 Euro for MH, €6 per adult and €4 for EHU.

A very compact site even for our small two berth. Water at sinks was never above tepid.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2018  ·  #8
Quote by AliPhatCamper

31 Euro per night.

15 Euro for MH, €6 per adult and €4 for EHU.

I can't remember the last time I book our Motorhome in somewhere without any adults. LOL

Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2018  ·  #9
Quote by norma

£30 quid a night!!!!! 😳

£30 per night is v. reasonable for Wales... Tyddyn Llwyn @ Portmadog £80 for two nights :'(

Offset with some Pub Stops and beautiful Beaumaris (£4 daytime) only £1 overnight beside the castle. Signs say no sleeping in vehicle overnight but we did ask permission at the local Tourist information office).

Craic Addict
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2018  ·  #10
Quote by AliPhatCamper

Have stayed there twice. The kids were free back in May but I think they charge during the summer months.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.