Van lay up

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Van lay up

· 
Posted: 26.08.2012  ·  #1
Hi to all fellow motor homers. I have a query about laying up a van for five to six weeks.
For work reasons I will have to leave my van for about six weeks and here's the question.......do I need to have it jacked up.......to avoid a flat spot on the tyres.........and will I need it started on occasion to stop the batteries going flat.
I have never had this problem as the van is used all year round. Any advice would be appreciated.

The van is a Hymer @ 3850kg........ :sleep: :up:

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: Van lay up

· 
Posted: 26.08.2012  ·  #2
Hi, I would'nt worry about the tyres, might be no harm to start it for ten minutes after three weeks,. Your camper was probably standing longer in the dealers forecourt before you bought it without been jacked up. I would be more worried about frost damage if your layup period is during winter months.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2012  ·  #3
i agree 6 wks is not a long time but if you worried just move it a half wheel turn when chargeing :up:

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.08.2012  ·  #4
dont worry about the tyres etc.

drain any water out of waste/fresh, not for fear of freezing(tho maybe with the weather at min lol) but just to stop satle smell etc.

6 weeks is nothing in the life of the van, maybe start it for a few mins after a couple of weeks, especially if a tracker or similar fitted as this uses battery power.

look forward to using it after your 6 weeks.....

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.