jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Ardglass Aire

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #1
We are here tonight and although it’s raining it’s a beautiful secure spot and needs our support. I see 2 vans over on the Pier and I feel like going over and telling them off, after a few more glasses of wine I just might do that? There’s a great Italian Restaurant close by and we are going to sample it later. Even in the rain it’s just lovely here and a nice wee village with a good supermarket and chippy.

Chevy g20
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Ardglass Aire

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #2
Hasn't rained yet in sunny mid Ulster. Still sunny at Drum Manor. Enjoy Ardglass.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #3
Quote by jacktherev

We are here tonight and although it’s raining it’s a beautiful secure spot and needs our support. I see 2 vans over on the Pier and I feel like going over and telling them off, after a few more glasses of wine I just might do that? There’s a great Italian Restaurant close by and we are going to sample it later. Even in the rain it’s just lovely here and a nice wee village with a good supermarket and chippy.

I get your point about needing support but if they want to stay at the pier, why not?

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #4
I think we need to be supporting folk/groups who are providing good facilities for us motorhomers. Fishing boats are going out and vehicles are calling with supplies etc it’s a working pier. Why inconvenience folk when the Ardglass Marina folk are willing to go to the expense of a nice closed in area with super facilities?

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #5
Quote by jacktherev

I think we need to be supporting folk/groups who are providing good facilities for us motorhomers. Fishing boats are going out and vehicles are calling with supplies etc it’s a working pier. Why inconvenience folk when the Ardglass Marina folk are willing to go to the expense of a nice closed in area with super facilities?

I could not agree more Jack, nobody likes a free night any more than myself but it will not be in the vicinity of a campsite or an organised Aires. If we want to be made welcome in these villages then we must be prepared to leave something behind,not annoy fishermen who are trying to make a living.
Surely Howth can spell this out.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #6
Quote by jacktherev

Personally I think it’s about choice, campsite, aire or free spot surely they can be alongside each other and give the option? That said I support any initiative that helps MHs and provides a bit of income to the community.
Mind you I’d not be happy with A free-spot right next to my site, don’t mind it 200+m away.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.05.2018  ·  #7
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Quote by jacktherev

Personally I think it’s about choice, campsite, aire or free spot surely they can be alongside each other and give the option? That said I support any initiative that helps MHs and provides a bit of income to the community.
Mind you I’d not be happy with A free-spot right next to my site, don’t mind it 200+m away.

Jamie I think that you have answered that very well,there are some of us that want choice but there are also some that are nothing short of free loaders who will pay for nothing and do not give a thought to the tag that they bring to genuine motorhomers.

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2018  ·  #8
Please don't forget that some of us on very small incomes can't afford to pay to overnight and even £10 a night would be too much if we had to pay it every night.
Whilst these sights do offer great value for money, it is only if you have the money!
I'm not complaining, by the way, just don't like being thought of as a freeloader...we pay when we can...

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2018  ·  #9
i like wild camping, but i will try to use whatever sites are available if there is one in the vicinty. But only because someone has gone to the trouble of providing them with campervan owners needs in mind. And i can understand people on low incomes not wanting to have to go sites every night.

norma
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2018  ·  #10
And of course we would never park in anyone's way. You do see motorhomes on harbour sides that are clearly a working environment. Some people do seem very insensitive to local environments...
I think it helps that we have a small camper...

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2018  ·  #11
we are heading to port isaac in july Norma with stops before and after. We will most like wild camp or do pub stopovers.

norma
Love's the Craic
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2018  ·  #12
It's lovely up there. Can get busy though. Do you belong to wildcamping.co.uk? It has good wildcamping spots...
Quite a few farmers open a field for camping in the summer. They are allowed to do it for about 6 weeks. Basic but cheap.

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2018  ·  #13
Quote by norma

It's lovely up there. Can get busy though. Do you belong to wildcamping.co.uk? It has good wildcamping spots...
Quite a few farmers open a field for camping in the summer. They are allowed to do it for about 6 weeks. Basic but cheap.

Yes Norma i have that app. didnt know about the farmers, will check that out. Thanks for the help :D

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.