StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Tom Tom not playing

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #1
I finally picked up my MH after the fiat recall, (another story for another post) and when I turned on my built in satnav it could not find my current location this has happened in the past but normally in a few minutes it finds a satellite and gets going.
This time after several hours it still couldn’t find my location. I tried re setting it both on the move and static and I checked with my phone Tom Tom which is working fine.
I tried a factory reset but it’s still not working, any ideas or suggestions please?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Tom Tom not playing

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #2
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Tom Tom not playing

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #3
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

I finally picked up my MH after the fiat recall, (another story for another post) and when I turned on my built in satnav it could not find my current location this has happened in the past but normally in a few minutes it finds a satellite and gets going.
This time after several hours it still couldn’t find my location. I tried re setting it both on the move and static and I checked with my phone Tom Tom which is working fine.
I tried a factory reset but it’s still not working, any ideas or suggestions please?

Jami if I were you I'd phone the UK customer support tec,s .I found them to be to be great and new there stuff.
My start 20 lost its mind after an upgrade the day before we went to France last year, I called them while queuing for the boat and he emailed me a link ,which with the WiFi on the boat I was able to get it sorted ,he even came back to me to check it was working.

norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #4
Our tom tom died last year after an upgrade. Admittdly it was quite old. My partner tried loads of things, including the advice from tomtom but to no avail. The best they could offer was to sell us a new one at a discount...which happened to be exactly the same as the amazon price!

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #5
When our van went in for the same recall the power supply was disconnected immediately upon it entering the workshop,the reason I know that is because we only agreed to take our van to Donnellys Mallusk when they had the parts available and they drove it directly into the workshop. While returning home we received a call from Scorpion tracker inquiring if we knew why the main power source had been disabled. We informed them of the scenario and all was well, but could this be anything to do with sat nav becoming disabled?

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #6
Tracker still working fine. But I wonder if something else may have been in plugged.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #7

Tracker still working fine. But I wonder if something else may have been in plugged.

Jamie I was thinking more along the lines of could it have been an extended period of no power going to the sat nav causing it to totally malfunction.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #8
Jamie, I assume you have set up a tom tom account and know how to use a USB stick to upgrade the maps. You could try this and see if the software can be upgraded or repaired.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #9
Quote by Mark&Wendy

Jamie, I assume you have set up a tom tom account and know how to use a USB stick to upgrade the maps. You could try this and see if the software can be upgraded or repaired.

Neither I will look into this. Many thanks

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #10

Quote by Mark&Wendy

Neither I will look into this. Many thanks

Be warned, the only USB port that works for this is the one in the middle, low down below the radio. I'll post a pic tomorrow. You might also get at free map upgrade!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.