Dont no were to start!!

Pia88
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Buying motor home

· 
Posted: 17.05.2018  ·  #1
Hi everyone new to the forum i am looking to buy a motorhome something 5/6 berth i was thinking of going to germany to get it has anyone done this if so were do i go ie.what part of germany a contact to a dealer would be great? And if not in germany any advise on what make or model is most reliable i like the layout of the kitchen at the back or the double bed at the back with a good size living area in the middle! Any advise would be much appriciated 😁

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

Re: Buying motor home

· 
Posted: 17.05.2018  ·  #2
Welcome bud!

I know a few lads here have imported their vans and hopefully they can give you specific advice on that. I personally preferred to buy locally, less hassle and since I spend most of my trips within the island it made more sense to have a right hand drive van.

As per reliability, I would say that they're are all pretty much on par, it's just a matter of the maintenance that they have received. So look for an obsessive owner and a good service history more than a specific brand.

It's great that you have a particular layout in mind, to me that's one of the most important things to consider and it's 100% personal preference. That also might make you fall in one specific brand or the other..

Both Fiat/Peugeot chasis/engine are well known true and tested can't really go wrong with either, but do let us know what year range are you looking for and we might be able to tell you if there's any specific know issues with that specific model.

Happy shopping!!

Rami

MickyMac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Giottiline T38
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.05.2018  ·  #3
Mobile.de is a good place to start.

Very easy to narrow the search down to whatever specifics you are looking for.

However, it is good to visit a few of the local dealers first. All good and well looking at photos but you'll only get a real feel for what suits you when you are standing in one.

Some of dealers we visited said that some vans won't make it onto their websites as they'll have a buyer before it even hits the forecourt, so no harm to give them your details.

AliPhatCamper
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.05.2018  ·  #4
There is a 7 berth Motorhome coming up for auction this Saturday at midulsterauctions.com

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.