DS 520 AN board

Leisure battery not charging

deisecamper
Craic'er
Subject:

DS 520 AN board

· 
Posted: 04.05.2018  ·  #1
Hi I hope somebody can help, on a recent trip to Ardmore I noticed my leisure battery was not charging off the alternator, I’ve had a good look now and there is no issue with the connection from the engine battery and the ignition contact reads 14v when the alternator is running. when the 220vac is connected I can hear a relay operate, should I hear one when the ignition is started, it would seem that the relay is not operational. I was thinking of linking the leisure battery terminal to the engine terminal with a spit relay, controlled by the ignition circuit, I saw a 40A relay in Halfords

http://www.halfords.ie/worksho…-40a-4-pin

Any help would be great
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: DS 520 AN board

· 
Posted: 05.05.2018  ·  #2
Quote by deisecamper

Hi I hope somebody can help, on a recent trip to Ardmore I noticed my leisure battery was not charging off the alternator, I’ve had a good look now and there is no issue with the connection from the engine battery and the ignition contact reads 14v when the alternator is running. when the 220vac is connected I can hear a relay operate, should I hear one when the ignition is started, it would seem that the relay is not operational. I was thinking of linking the leisure battery terminal to the engine terminal with a spit relay, controlled by the ignition circuit, I saw a 40A relay in Halfords

http://www.halfords.ie/worksho…-40a-4-pin

Any help would be great

Personally I would activate the relay from the small thin wire that controls the ignition light on the back of the alternator (mines a blue wire),the relay will then only kick in once the engine is running,if you activate the relay from the ignition you can blow the inline fuse to the leisure battery every time you start the engine because it will also draw power from the leisure battery .That is the method I used when wiring my leisure battery and I have had no problems so far.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2018  ·  #3
What voltage are you getting at terminal B1 when the engine is running.

deisecamper
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.05.2018  ·  #4
Voltage increases from 12.58 to 14.5 when the engine is running

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.