Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Spain

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #1
Hi all, I'll be arriving in Santander on the 3rd of May and other than that night I've made no plans whatsoever. I have All the Aires and a good set of maps covering the North of Spain. I'm looking for recommendations for things, drives and places that are a must in that part of the country. All ideas, normal,weird, wacky, and wonderful appreciated. :up:

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Spain

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #2
San Sebastián has a lovely beach, a great little old town, and a fernicular up to top of tower. Santander, you can get ferry boat out to sand bars, similar to our Dogger Bank but bigger. Great for a picnic or to wet the feet. Pamplona is nice, see where the bull run is. In then into the mountains. Lovely. I’ll be down there my self in early June. Be coming down through France though
Enjoy

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.04.2018  ·  #3
Leon is a great city with a free tire almost in the centre. Piles to see and do.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2018  ·  #4
Can't suggest

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #5
Quote by Helgahobby

Leon is a great city with a free tire almost in the centre. Piles to see and do.

Or it could possibly be a "free aire".

You can't go wrong with Campercontact or Park4night on the continent. Mind you, we only do cities if we've read something interesting about them. Out in the sticks, thats where the real soul is.
Valladolid, a university city with cracking architecture, and all the cities and towns on the "Silver Route".

JonMac46
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Globetrotter 1999 Ducato 2.8 idTD
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.04.2018  ·  #6
Cacares is Wonderfull. The aire was ropey when we were there but an excellent campsite nearby.

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2018  ·  #7
went up through Jaca last summer and up to French border at formigal...it was brilliant.Jaca has a nice free aire within walk of lovely town. The hiking in Pyrenees around formigal was spectacular and parking was safe, free and relaxed anywhere. Sleepy ski towns in summer have a lovely sleepy vibe for us. I would recommend that area....oh and tapas santa anna (I think!) in jaca was worth the visit by itself. Me, wife and three kids spent threes hours sipping and nibbling there for about 50euro...

Norman10
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.05.2018  ·  #8
Hi, how did your trip go?
I am planning something like that in July, 2 years ago I was in Barcelona, it was amazing and beautiful. This year I want to stick to North of Spain. What is worth visiting? I know, it’s probably difficult to say, as I can speak non-stop of my around Spanish trip))) Even thought of buying apartment in Barcelona to be able to come more often or probably rent it and get some money out of it, looks like this is extremely profitable type of investment these days, lots of expats living in Barcelona and lots of tourists as well. Just an idea for now though…

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.