Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Tyre Sealant

· 
Posted: 05.04.2018  ·  #1
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0…2519521932
Used this a lot in off road vehicles .But just spotted this for road vehicles 300 ml for 215/70x15 tyre so one bottle will do most vans. I,ve ordered a bottle hope I never know if it works

Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Autocruise Wentworh
Base Vehicle: Peugeot
Subject:

Re: Tyre Sealant

· 
Posted: 05.04.2018  ·  #2
Be carefull if you have alloys, I have personaly seen a set having to be removed off a motorhome here in Spain and he had to get 6 rims shipped in to get him home to UK. It work perfectly in metal rims but attacks alloy.

Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2018  ·  #3
In their FAQ,s they say there are
corrosion inhibitors in the OKO formulation that inhibit corrosion in steel & alloy rims.
But they don,t advise its use in crome wheels
http://www.oko.com/faqs/

Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Autocruise Wentworh
Base Vehicle: Peugeot
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2018  ·  #4
Must confess ,don't know what brand he had used, but he said the way he would use sealants in the future was to get you home and then get the tyre repaired and remove the sealant .

Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.04.2018  ·  #5
Quote by nilrac

Be carefull if you have alloys, ............................... It work perfectly in metal rims but attacks alloy.

The stuff in ours is from air seal who state on their website it is suitable for alloys and steel wheels. We have had it in the last three Motorhomes (all with alloys) and have had no problems.
Maybe different makes of the product react differently.

Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.04.2018  ·  #6
Over the years I have had tyre sealant in only one if my vans, I never knew if I had a puncture or not. Only 2 punctures and one blowout in 35 years. Both punctures were my fault by driving over pegs on campsites and the blowout on a rear wheel of a KonTiki Swift doing about 65 on a French motorway. Must say it brought a bit of flutter to my heart and other places

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.