Brain damaged Snipe

Subject:

Brain damaged Snipe

· 
Posted: 23.03.2018  ·  #1
It is almost 4 years since we bought our Snipe Satellite system. It has been roof mounted on two Motorhomes during this time.

Recently we noticed it was occasionally making unusual noises. Last weekend it had difficulty returning to the home position.

I contacted Avtex by phone on Monday and was emailed a software update. I explained that I was fairly confident it sounded like a mechanical issue but was requested to do the update first. I did the update and the controller failed to work at all afterwards.

Avtex arranged the collection of the unit and controller. It was collected by TNT on Thursday at 3pm. I received a phone call on Friday at 3pm with the quote for repairs.
The quote of £232 included collection and return, labour and parts. This was less than the over the phone estimate.

The problem was the main part wouldn't be available for five weeks so I was offered a refurbished system (which I suppose mine was going to be any way). I agreed and was told it would be with me by Monday.

I can't fault the service from Avtex and as it was outside the warranty period I can't really complain much. Maybe it should have lasted longer than it did but it was still less than buying a new system.
I just thought I would post this for the info of other members as the service from Avtex was good.

Subject:

Re: Brain damaged Snipe

· 
Posted: 26.03.2018  ·  #2
Avtex were true to their word. Replacement snipe arrived this morning. All sorted.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

hulio
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Bailey 740
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.03.2018  ·  #3
Some shine on that roof lol lol

Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.03.2018  ·  #4
Quote by hulio

Some shine on that roof lol lol

Thanks LOL.
Your own was much the same last time I saw you.

JoeO'S
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.03.2018  ·  #5
That Autotrail MH looks better than the day it came from the factory. Full credit to ya Mark for such a beautiful job. Perfection personified!

I wish...... I wish mine could look...........
OK, where to start? The roof.... maybe a spade or sand blaster...
Hmm a lot of work......... maybe next year

Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.03.2018  ·  #6
Quote by JoeO'S

That Autotrail MH looks better than the day it came from the factory. Full credit to ya Mark for such a beautiful job. Perfection personified!

I wish...... I wish mine could look...........
OK, where to start? The roof.... maybe a spade or sand blaster...
Hmm a lot of work......... maybe next year

Thanks Joe.
It is only 2 years old and I am fortunate enough to have kept it indoors from new which really helps.

big D
Love's the Craic
Homepage: bairdsoundsystems.…
My Motorhome: Auto-Trail Cheyenne 660
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 130 Multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.05.2018  ·  #7
Have just ordered one myself Mark.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.