hodbod
Rik n Bon
My Motorhome: Self build
Base Vehicle: Citroen Relay
Subject:

Re: eberspcher d2

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #2
We have a D2 eberspacher in our Citroen Relay. We think it's great .Can highly recommend one .Some people think they are too noisy but once they get up to temperature they quiten down , but you can fit inlet n exhaust silencer if it bothers you . They sip fuel but we have a separate tank and run it on red or kero , saves a few quid , money better off in my pocket

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #3
Our Chausson is fitted with one. There are noisy on start up but then settle down when the temperature is reached to the point that they are no louder than a electric fan heater. Usually we turn ours up high for 20 minutes before bedtime and then to a low setting for the night time.
Upon saying that, we were out this weekend the heater was on constantly due to the cold weather.
There best thing about a diesel heater is that , you are never too concerned about running out of gas.I think that the diesel consumption is about a pint every 4 hours at max heat.
Malcolm

Edgar
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Chausson
Base Vehicle: Ford
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2018  ·  #4
Same as Thorn I have had it in my last two motorhomes I think it's great and you would have to turn it down after about twenty mins as it would put you out with heat very easy on fuel to

big LIam
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: d55 Dreamer Veronica
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.3 130 bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2018  ·  #5
Thank you for your replies.
Will have to invest in one

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2018  ·  #6
Was with a van that had one of theses at the weekend and we were impressed. We have gas heating in our bolero. 2 new batteries were not able to run the blower for only a few hours and the batteries dipped to 11.2. So we switched it off so as not to damage leisure batteries. I rang Donaghey today to enquire if they’d fit a diesel heater for us but they assured me the that if our batteries are fully charged on arrival on site we should get a weekend out of using heater as required I’ll try it again at weekend and see how they perform

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2018  ·  #7
Quote by Swifty

Was with a van that had one of theses at the weekend and we were impressed. We have gas heating in our bolero. 2 new batteries were not able to run the blower for only a few hours and the batteries dipped to 11.2. So we switched it off so as not to damage leisure batteries. I rang Donaghey today to enquire if they’d fit a diesel heater for us but they assured me the that if our batteries are fully charged on arrival on site we should get a weekend out of using heater as required I’ll try it again at weekend and see how they perform

Check the batteries.

This very cold weather is a real test for leisure batteries, especially if they are not in a heated part of the van.
We replaced our batteries in February. We were away last weekend without hookup had our heating on at 24° from lunch time on Thursday until 11am on Sunday. TV and lights were also on a lot. The batteries dropped from 12.4 to 12 volts.
The batteries are stored in an outside locker and the temperature was below freezing the whole weekend.
We had a similar problem to yourself with the last batteries so it is definitely worth checking them.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

eberspcher d2

· 
Posted: 21.03.2018  ·  #8
Quote by Swifty

Was with a van that had one of theses at the weekend and we were impressed. We have gas heating in our bolero. 2 new batteries were not able to run the blower for only a few hours and the batteries dipped to 11.2. So we switched it off so as not to damage leisure batteries. I rang Donaghey today to esquire if they’d fit a diesel heater for us but they assured me the that if our batteries are fully charged on arrival on site we should get a weekend out of using heater as required I’ll try it again at weekend and see how they perform

How far / how long did you drive to where you parked up for the weekend . have you any other type of charging besides the engine . How far are you going to drive next weekend ? can you test them before you go and when you park up .

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2018  ·  #9
sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2018  ·  #10
Quote by Bounder

I have seen these on Ebay, don't know anything about them but looked interesting.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V…1438.l2649

not bad considering Kiravans are offering MV Airo 2KW Diesel Heater for £660.00 inc VAT

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2018  ·  #11
I think, that a trip to a truck beakers might turn up some value. Nearly all of the sleeper cabs produced in the last twenty years came with diesel night heaters. From my experience most of the equipment in a truck cab is 12 volt. A good breaker would tell you very quickly.
Malcolm

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.03.2018  ·  #12
Sean Forde is one in Corrandulla co Galway,

Brackens in Ballycumber co offaly is another,

No doubt there are more

Swifty
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2018  ·  #13
Travelled 90 km and batteries were showing full charge on arrival to site. We used heating for only short time and they dipped so much. Only one led light on and tv was on for no more than 1 hour. The two batteries are brand new and are powered by 100w solar panel. I know that nothing goes in this weather from solar but the 2 batteries gave very poor service on a very short span Donaghey told me to charge on hook up overnight Then disconnect from power and put on all lights Tv and heater and see how long they last so that’s what I’ll do at weekend

D A V
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2018  ·  #14
I had one in our last van a Frankia unfortunately my present in gas.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.