mgmaher
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Wiring in a second camera ,

· 
Posted: 08.03.2018  ·  #1
My van already has a camera wired to,one of those 7 inch clip on monitors , says it has dual port , V1 and V2 , how does the wiring work for the second camera , as there does nt seem to be additional wires or port to hook in second cam on the monitor

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

Re: Wiring in a second camera ,

· 
Posted: 08.03.2018  ·  #2
I just use two screens as a screen is not that expensive, even though I think there two video inputs and two feed option buttons on my larger screen. Having two screens means I can see directly behind me under the bike rack on a number plate frame mounted camera & from a high mounted camera at the back at the same time. That would save flicking between feeds. One works well as a rear view mirror if needed & the other keeps an eye on the bikes.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #3
Follow the cable from the monitor back into the dash. Between and a half to one metre, you could find a junction of wires, positive/negative wires, input video feeds, etc. It is a this point that you connect the second feed for a camera.
Usually after remove the panel under the steering this junction of wire is placed on top of the wheel arch or cable tied to steering column.
Just be careful, camera feeds come with about 3 different connection plugs. When you find your connection, post a photo here and someone will identify it for you.
There is another option, buy a wireless camera and bluetooth it your phone and the phone becomes the monitor.
Malcolm

mgmaher
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.03.2018  ·  #4
Thank you Malcolm , Wil strip it down tomorrow and let you know my findings ,

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.