heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

Avtex Garmin Camper 660LMT-D Premium

· 
Posted: 17.12.2017  ·  #1
I decided to buy one of the above Sat Navs having read for hours on the plus and minus of this and its completion after my cheapo Chinese whilst still working wouldn't update any more.
Anyway has anybody fitted a camera to this, the Garmin one is a arm and two legs to buy. I already have fitted a twin camera to the back one full time and one reversing but am considering fitting one to the front for parking etc

David

Robbie
Starline S680
My Motorhome: Hymer S680
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

Re: Avtex Garmin Camper 660LMT-D Premium

· 
Posted: 18.12.2017  ·  #2
We just bought the Garmin 770 Camper it's really fast and has so much more packed into it than the last one which was the Garmin 560 which was good at the time approx 6 years ago but had gotten slow.
I noticed the camera function on it but havnt done anything about it as yet.

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2017  ·  #3
Garmin's can be quite expensive but they are worth every penny along the way with software updates and support.

I have one that I bought for the bike and the viewing capability is unmatched and the fact that I can use it with thick gloves was key for me.

Does't have specific functions for campers, but I would only imagine how handy that could be.

Robbie
Starline S680
My Motorhome: Hymer S680
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2017  ·  #4
Quote by RTV

Garmin's can be quite expensive but they are worth every penny along the way with software updates and support.

I have one that I bought for the bike and the viewing capability is unmatched and the fact that I can use it with thick gloves was key for me.

Does't have specific functions for campers, but I would only imagine how handy that could be.

I use a garmin 1000 on the bike and we only think car/camper sat navs dear their new 1030 for the bike is robbery :( ,,,, but i want one lol

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.12.2017  ·  #5
That’s all fine, but after spending all that money... does it actually work, or like a lot of them, does it bring you down every boreen that shaves 5 seconds off the journey. Why don’t they bring out software that allows you to block minor roads if you want to

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.12.2017  ·  #6
I have the Garmin 760 for Campers. It does'nt work any different than your standard SatNav.

Don't waste your money!

RTV
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam Auto Roller
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.12.2017  ·  #7
The one for the bike works completely the other way, you have a "curvy roads" mode which will take you through the most twisties it can find, so a trip that would normally take you 30 min, will take you 1hs but it'll be fun! :)

For the MH, I found that you really have to try to plan ahead and review the map. It's just not prepared for our mostly small country roads island.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.12.2017  ·  #8
Well its arrived and been playing with it most of the day, the initial download took over 2 hours (and I have Fibre BB).
They (professional reviewers) seem to rate it above all other so I will see when it gets fully tested next year
Anyway back to the point of the post!
Has anybody linked it with a wireless camera other than the one from Garmin.
The instruction book does indicated it is only compatible with their BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (but they would wouldn't they)

BernieBurstner
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2018  ·  #9
Looking at buying one of these would love to know if it was worth the extra euros ?

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2018  ·  #10
i bought the avtek tourer one plus, expecting it to arrive next week. hoping its as good as the reviews. if you still havent bought, i will let you know what its like.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.05.2018  ·  #11
I have a TT Start 25 which I up-rated to TT Camper functionality by buying the Camper Maps, which brought the camper functionality with them when being installed.
It effectively avoids low bridges and lesser roads, providing camper suitable routes. It also has an Eco Route option.

It serves me well here at home and throughout Europe

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.