Open all year round and close to everything

Marian
My Motorhome: Tessoro Benimar
Base Vehicle: Ford
Subject:

Travers Holiday Park, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

· 
Posted: 20.11.2017  ·  #1
Just back after spending a fantastic weekend at Travers Holiday Park in Bundoran. We came across this camp site by accident and decided to give it a try. It's a family friendly site situated in the centre of Bundoran; a short walk to the shops, cinema, amusements, restaurants, bars, bowling alley and of course the wonderful beaches. There are plenty of wonderful walking trails and the scenery is magnificent. If you like surfing it's alive with young and old enjoying the waves. The hard stands are beautifully laid out with electric/water at each stand as well as picnic tables to enjoy the outdoors. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend and intend returning for New Years Eve.
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: Travers Holiday Park, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

· 
Posted: 20.11.2017  ·  #2
It looks good. What is charge per night?

Floorman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2017  ·  #3
We stayed at this site in the summer on a trip to Ireland. It was great! The guy even came out to us as we were parking and plugged in the EHU for me. Highly recommended. So handy and great walks.
Floorman

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.11.2017  ·  #4
Quote by Floorman

We stayed at this site in the summer on a trip to Ireland. It was great! The guy even came out to us as we were parking and plugged in the EHU for me. Highly recommended. So handy and great walks.
Floorman

We also called to the campsite during the summer but they were booked out, The Guy in the Office was nice and showed us around the site. before we left I asked him if there was any other place in Bundoran where we could park for the night and he said no we needed to go to some other town I forget how many miles away. Anyway we crossed the road to the big car park where I said I would check the app where I found a mighty Aire just around the corner with brilliant showers and toilet facilities in the building on the left in the way in, ehu also included in the price €15.

Tbh I a am bit pissed off by that Guys lies and will hot be returning to Travers Camp site.

JMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2017  ·  #5
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by Floorman

Floorman

We also called to the campsite during the summer but they were booked out, The Guy in the Office was nice and showed us around the site. before we left I asked him if there was any other place in Bundoran where we could park for the night and he said no we needed to go to some other town I forget how many miles away. Anyway we crossed the road to the big car park where I said I would check the app where I found a mighty Aire just around the corner with brilliant showers and toilet facilities in the building on the left in the way in, ehu also included in the price €15.

Tbh I a am bit pissed off by that Guys lies and will hot be returning to Travers Camp site.

Is the Bundoran Aire referred to here the one on the App called "Campers Bundoran".

Marian
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2017  ·  #6
The cost for the weekend was €50 which included our motorhome, two adults and electricity. With regards to the Aire in Bundoran it's just around the corner at the back of Lidl. To be honest I didn't like the look of it. It had a barrier with phone numbers on that you ring and they give you the code to get in. I wouldn't feel happy staying there it's out of the way and I would feel very unsafe staying there. I did see the building to be front offering toilets etc. It's the are where the camper would be parked I would be unhappy about especially in the winter. Travers holiday park was absolutely perfect. spotlessly clean and the couple very welcoming and helpful.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2017  ·  #7
Quote by Marian

The cost for the weekend was €50 which included our motorhome, two adults and electricity. With regards to the Aire in Bundoran it's just around the corner at the back of Lidl. To be honest I didn't like the look of it. It had a barrier with phone numbers on that you ring and they give you the code to get in. I wouldn't feel happy staying there it's out of the way and I would feel very unsafe staying there. I did see the building to be front offering toilets etc. It's the are where the camper would be parked I would be unhappy about especially in the winter. Travers holiday park was absolutely perfect. spotlessly clean and the couple very welcoming and helpful.

The cost for the weekend was €50!
With a write up like that you deserve the next weekend free, Marian. you managed to put the Camp site up on a pedestal and I don't disagree with that and you managed to knock the nearby Aire which I DO disagree with because you didn't like the look of it and you never stayed there, that is not very fair, is it?
I have NO connections with any of the Two Sites, and in my opinion Travers holiday park is a fine well run site with good facilities for Motorhomers that are into Campsites. The nearby Aire has got as good if not better facilities and the Guy running it was every bit as helpful as the Guy in the site, it's top class for people into Aires. We use both Aires and Camp sites and for the winter see no point in paying over the odds for a campsite, it isn't that we will be sitting in the Sun under an umbrella.

thepilote
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: PILOTE REFERENCE
Base Vehicle: DUCATO
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2017  ·  #8
Have to agree about the air in Bundoran,stayed there last year with no problems. Short walk to beach etc.

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.11.2017  ·  #9
Also have to agree, the Aires in Bundoran are excellent,the toilets and showers are in a separate building,and for 10euro per night its a bargain.
Also the owner of the Aires is a motor homer owner so he knows our needs.We need more of the likes :up:

Marian
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.11.2017  ·  #10
I respect everyone's opinion. We are all entitled to give our views.

Have a nice day.

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2017  ·  #11
Have stayed in the aire in Bundoran several times with our 3 young children and have never felt anything but safe. Fantastic modern aire with picnic benches, green area, spotless modern toilets and showers in an indoor building. Lovely friendly owner.
Bundoran is an area we prefer to stay in off-season (it wouldn't appeal to us in July & August) and the aire has absolute everything we need.

JoeO'S
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.11.2017  ·  #12
Haven't stayed in either, but have stayed in Bundoran many times. It obviously now has 2 top class facilities.
They've both got a good "Air.ing" on MHC. Great info for any MHC members or readers planning to visit stunningly beautiful Donegal.
Bravo Bundoran!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.