Adac breakdown assistance

JAG147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Adac breakdown assistance

· 
Posted: 24.07.2012  ·  #1
For any of you considering who to use, we needed to use Adac today, Motorhome pishing diesel again as it did at Easter thanks to a certain Motorhome dealer making a balls of things, Adac have been first class, stuck in a French services with wife and 2 kids isn't nice,once recovered from autoroute to a local garage, Adac arranged hotel and taxi, part should be in tomorrow

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Adac breakdown assistance

· 
Posted: 24.07.2012  ·  #2
Good to hear the service is good, sorry to hear about the problems.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2012  ·  #3
ianmorgan
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.07.2012  ·  #4
Quote by the fat controller

Feel like naming and shaming the dealer concerned

and why wouldnt you i for one would want to know of a incompedent dealer to stay clear of.as a top barrester once told me you cant be sued for telling the truth

JAG147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2012  ·  #5
hi all, back from 3 x weeks in France as of 13th Aug, just getting round to logging in,

apart from the breakdown, trip was excellent, cloudy am then it cleared for most of day with us in Aquataine.

for any of you who dont know the procedures if you breakdown on an Autoroute: regardless of who you are covered with for roadside assistance, the number you call is 025 1092 032 and they will arrange recovery to local garage , where your own assistance kicks in, i may be wrong but thats what i gathered from them. ADAC etc cannot recover from the Autoroute or Services as they are not allowed due to them being privately owned.

motorhome going fine and no more hick-ups since the repair, dont want to name & shame as i dont know that it was entirely their fault, garage said dirty diesel was the cause so??

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2012  ·  #6
Quote by JAG147

hi all, back from 3 x weeks in France as of 13th Aug, just getting round to logging in,

apart from the breakdown, trip was excellent, cloudy am then it cleared for most of day with us in Aquataine.

for any of you who dont know the procedures if you breakdown on an Autoroute: regardless of who you are covered with for roadside assistance, the number you call is 025 1092 032 and they will arrange recovery to local garage , where your own assistance kicks in, i may be wrong but thats what i gathered from them. ADAC etc cannot recover from the Autoroute or Services as they are not allowed due to them being privately owned.

motorhome going fine and no more hick-ups since the repair, dont want to name & shame as i dont know that it was entirely their fault, garage said dirty diesel was the cause so??

ADAC are right, recovery on the French Autoroute system is restricted to their own contractors.

On the point of 'dirty diesel'
FWIW I was advise by my local main dealer mechanic to always park up (particularly in cold weather) with a full tank. Apparently the condensation which can form in the airspace and inside walls of a part full tank will find its way to the bottom of the tank as water and foster the growth of organisms which will contaminate and eventually block the fuel system.The phenomenon is reputed to be the root cause of a lot of complaints about 'dirty diesel' and is more common in fuel with a bio-diesel content.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2012  ·  #7
Quote by baguette
Apparently the condensation which can form in the airspace and inside walls of a part full tank will find its way to the bottom of the tank as water and foster the growth of organisms which will contaminate and eventually block the fuel system.The phenomenon is reputed to be the root cause of a lot of complaints about 'dirty diesel' and is more common in fuel with a bio-diesel content.

Thanks for the info. It is very interesting..
I had read something similar before but dont know where..

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.