Is it possible

Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Rapido 655F
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Store Favourites on App

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #1
I have followed others adventures around Ireland referring to great locations in the app and because of family illness my trips have been very limited since buying my motorhome last November. I would very much like to visit some of these locations in the future and so would like to mark some locations in the app for a future visit, is it possible that I can mark locations in the app, or would I need to use some other method. Apologies if this has been covered before, I searched this discussion and couldn't find any other references.
No user has liked this post yet.
JJF
Craic Lifer
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Store Favourites on App

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #2
My way round that is to go to the POI on the APP map and hit the navigation icon and it opens up your Nav app (sygic in my case) and I then save the destination in the favourites in the nav app.
It's not saved in the app, rather in the gps app......Not ideal, but works for me.
T
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com…
My Motorhome: Wherever my blow up bed will fit.
Base Vehicle: Four Wheels.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #3
Quote by ColinM

I have followed others adventures around Ireland referring to great locations in the app and because of family illness my trips have been very limited since buying my motorhome last November. I would very much like to visit some of these locations in the future and so would like to mark some locations in the app for a future visit, is it possible that I can mark locations in the app, or would I need to use some other method. Apologies if this has been covered before, I searched this discussion and couldn't find any other references.

Hi Colin. As a matter of interest what would you're preferred method of navigation be. e.g. Google maps, sat nav, etc.
Craic Lifer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #4
Hi Tom, I use a satnav , I do have satnav apps on my phone, but find the satnav interface easier to use. Maybe it's an age thing.
Craic Lifer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #5
Hi JJF, thanks, that's an option . I'm normally reading about these lovely POIs on my tablet , I could create a spreadsheet with them, but I'm just being lazy and thought it would be nice to store them in the app along with some notes.
T
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #6
Quote by ColinM

Hi Tom, I use a satnav , I do have satnav apps on my phone, but find the satnav interface easier to use. Maybe it's an age thing.

Must be an age thing Albright I use a Garmin nuvi much handier. Is yours a Garmin or tom tom.
Craic Lifer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #7
I find the TomTom suits me.
Craic Lifer
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #8
Our solution before mhc or the app is an A3 map of Ireland for a fiver, stuck to the back of the kitchen door at home. If a good trip was had, the map is marked for a future return, or passed through a spot that looks promising the same. After touring Ireland for 7 years I think we need to freshen up the map.
It's not a high tech solution but when we are discussing our next trip with the kids it's so easy to pick the destination.
T
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #9
Quote by ColinM

Colin, if you want I can create a google map with you're favourites on it and I can send you the link to the map . You then can bookmark the link on you're phone, you can then click on it at any time and it will bring you to the map. Where you then can get the directions and print them out, or you can navigate to them from the map.
Craic Lifer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #10
Tom, many thanks for the kind offer. I have been footering with Google maps and sygic to see if I can store these destinations as favourites, it's something I have to get working. I have no doubt I will get the hang of it. It was just me being lazy and hoping the app would do it for me. Thanks again.
T
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #11
Quote by ColinM

Tom, many thanks for the kind offer. I have been footering with Google maps and sygic to see if I can store these destinations as favourites, it's something I have to get working. I have no doubt I will get the hang of it. It was just me being lazy and hoping the app would do it for me. Thanks again.

No problem, you're very welcome anytime.
P.s maps.me is very good also, check it out.
Craic Lifer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2017  ·  #12
Plans for the future development of the app is the addition of favourites function, this may come along sooner rather than later.
Craic Lifer
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.07.2017  ·  #13
That's great news, thanks. 👍
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.07.2017  ·  #14
This is on the TODO list. No timeframe guaranteed as it is a fairly substantial effort. Up to now we do not maintain any trace of users. If we want it so that when you reinstall the app on a new device that your favourites are also there, then we need to track users preferably via one of your already existing identities (i.e. Facebook, Google, ...). None of this is currently in the app, so it is a substantial effort to implement across Android and iOS.
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.