Satellite not receiving

Fester63
My Motorhome: Auto Roller Granduca
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Megasat system

· 
Posted: 10.07.2017  ·  #1
I have a problem with my satellite system Its not receiving..Its a Megasat system which is German.I think I may need a software update but cant seem to figure the German website.Does any one know of someone who might be able to assist me?
I was up at Leisure Technical on Fri but Simon couldnt help as he doesnt deal with that brand..

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Megasat system

· 
Posted: 10.07.2017  ·  #2
Will Google not translate their web page and give you something to go on , I wouldn't think its tuned to Astra 28

Mick H
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2017  ·  #3
http://www.autosoundleisure.co…-dish.html

It might be worth contacting Autosound Leisure, as in the link.
They are Megasat agents, based in the UK, in Yorkshire. Perhaps they can advise you.

From what you say, it seems to me that your system is functioning, but, because it won't lock on to the satellite, it possibly need a software update, because of transponder changes.
Your description of what it does, is exactly what our Oyster does, when the transponder frequencies have been changed.

It there a facility for selecting different satellites? If so, try Astra 1, to see if it will lock on to that. If it will, it proves that the system is fine, but needs a software upgrade, to lock on to Astra 2.

The Bull
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.07.2017  ·  #4
I have a Megasat system that gave the same trouble
I managed to source a guy from Athlone who came & upgraded it & it is working perfect since
If you pm me I will give you his phone number

Fester63
My Motorhome: Auto Roller Granduca
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.07.2017  ·  #5
Thanks for the tips will act on those ideas I was unable to download the software..Need someone who can

Stoney
Just doing it!
My Motorhome: LeVoyageur
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.07.2017  ·  #6
Only just saw this post today so don't know if this is a little late to be of help.
If you go to the Megasat.TV website and select Satellite Antennas (under camping tv), then in the box that pops up, select 'Fixed Mounting' and click the blue button on the right, this will bring you to the list of all fixed antennas (Dishes and Domes). Click on your Model and this will then bring up the information and data on your antenna. On the top line there are five options, the middle one is 'Downloads', this will take you to the download page where you can download the latest firmware. You will need a SD Card for transferring the firmware to your controller.
You can also download the manual for your antenna from this website. The website also has language options if you click the little box with the German flag you can select the English option.
Where are you located? If you are still having trouble I may be able to help if you are not too far.

Berniegill
Subject:

Similar Problem with my Megasat System - Channels not locking in after scanning.

· 
Posted: 24.07.2017  ·  #7
Hi, the megasat system is not working on our 2015 motorhome. Seems that when we search scanner the channels are located and then lost, I live near Athlone and would really appreciate the guy mentioned above, phone number. Thanks all.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.07.2017  ·  #8
Try following post " 6 " , I had to do something similar with my Teleco system recently its not difficult

Stoney
Just doing it!
My Motorhome: LeVoyageur
Base Vehicle: Mercedes Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.07.2017  ·  #9
Hi Bernie, welcome to Motorhomecraic. Re your post above I sent you a Private Message but if you are not set up to receive PMs then come back with further details about your system i.e whether it is a dish or a dome and, if possible, the model and I will try to help out.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.