Connemara

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Connemara

· 
Posted: 12.07.2012  ·  #1
Hi to all.......just spent a few days in the west . Started at Keanes of Maam bridge......from Galway head for clifden .....turn right at Maam cross for Leenane, Keanes is a nice old pub at a T junction . There's plenty of space for a van to stay overnight.......the pint @ 3.75e is also excellent. From there we went to Kylemore Abbey and spent the day exploring the victorian gardens and the abbey and gothic church......cost.......11.50e each if booked online,( 12.50e at the ticket office at the abbey. If you are into gardens and want to see how they did it in Victorian times....it's worth every cent.
From here we drove to Letterfrack and stayed in the grounds of the G.A.A club. Couldn't find anyone to ask permission of , but we weren't bothered by anyone and had a peaceful nights sleep. Next morning we did a walk called the ' Diamond ' . It starts at the back of the visitors centre of the Connemara National Park which is five minute drive from the village. I reckon you could also park up in the centres car park and it's a short walk to the village through the grounds of the centre. The walk takes about two hours and believe it or not.......has steps all the way to the top. The views are spectacular from the top. We moved from here to a campsite outside Tullycross called Connemara Camping. A basic sight with not so great facilities......but views are nice and the beach is perfect. 9e per person and 3e for hook up.
Sorry I don't have gps coordinates as I didn't bring my sat nav on this trip. Hope this is useful to someone.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Connemara

· 
Posted: 13.07.2012  ·  #2
:up:

jetty
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Re: Connemara

· 
Posted: 14.07.2012  ·  #3
biffo,

thanks a million for all that info on connemara. will be heading that way in galway and u just mapped out my route!

jetty

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.