Rossaveal

Daffysparks

Subject:

Rossaveal

· 
Posted: 01.05.2017  ·  #1
Has anyone any information on parking at Rodaveal when going to Arran islands and staying overnight on the island. Is it like Doolin where you can pay to stay 2 days and not be skinned for the privilege. Also any tips for an overnight close by, to rosaveal the night before we go.
Thanks for any info

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Re: Rossaveal

· 
Posted: 12.04.2019  ·  #2
Sorry to raise an old post, but I need to drop my son off at Rossaveal Marina for his Day Skippers sailing course. Benefit is that it allows us to complete the next stage of the wild Atlantic way back up towards Westport.

Just wondering if Daffysparks found somewhere to stay in Rossaveal. I plan to drive down from Belfast direction the day before, stay close by that night, drop him off at 9am, then go and explore for 4 days before picking him up again.

Seen a few possibilities on the app, but all ideas welcome.

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2019  ·  #3
The Coral Strand (Trà Dòilìn) is very close by and a regular stop for motorhomers. I haven’t stayed there myself but know it. No services but a good quite scenic spot. The beach is literally coral.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2019  ·  #4
Quote by The Rambler

The Coral Strand (Trà Dòilìn) is very close by and a regular stop for motorhomers. I haven’t stayed there myself but know it. No services but a good quite scenic spot. The beach is literally coral.

Sounds like just the spot I need. Thank you, I'll look it up.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.04.2019  ·  #5
We stayed in spiddal that night actually, met family there and one thing led to Beer... the usual story.
Regarding Rosaveal, we had no problem leaving the camper in the big car park at the ferry. A fiver a night I think. Don’t know if there is an issue if you don’t actually get the ferry. Wouldn’t imagine so, as it seems a separate business

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.