Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Forest Parks

· 
Posted: 04.07.2012  ·  #1
Hi

My favourite type of camp site is forest parks, i doubt there is one in N.I that we havent stayed in over the last 12 months - (we camp all year round). They are great as you have all the camp site facilities,(we always take Murphy with us - or Murphy always takes us with him!!!). plus they are normally reasonably priced and great walks (helps the morning after a few too many glasses of pinot)

We would stay in the following frequently throughtout the year:

Castlewellan, Tollymore, Kilbroney, Drum Manor, Glenariff, Gosford..

We would like to start travelling round the island of Ireland, so if you know of any forest parks can you let me know. If we get enough we will get Ally to start a Forest Park Section. ^_^

Dont just read this post and not reply - everyone knows somewhere :-)

Dee :up:

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Forest Parks

· 
Posted: 04.07.2012  ·  #2
Hi Deirdre,

I always liked Ballypatrick forest (near Ballycastle) strictly speaking a touring in the trees, but generally if we found a forestry worker we could arrange a payment and access. Not been for a few years though.

Also like to visit Florencecourt each year, with its various carparks on the exit road I reckon you could wild for a night.

Drove through Lough Key forest a few weeks ago while doing part of the shannon erne link, looks like a nice site a la tollymore style. (Boyle, Co Roscommon).

Davy

Deirdre
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2012  ·  #3
Thanks Davy,

All new to me, will add them to my list and give them a go over the next couple of months, will keep you posted.

Dee :up:

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.07.2012  ·  #4
Tardree Forest, has anyone ever stayed there? there is Duncans Car Park which is capable of taking quite a few Motorhomes, not sure if it's as big a dogging area as it once was o.O :o

Exbiker
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.08.2012  ·  #5
Stayed at Drum Manor three weeks ago quite a few travellers at least 5 caravans with 2 vans each and more dogs than I could count, I'll think twice before staying there again.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.