Oyster Sat Finder & Pace Sky box help

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Oyster Sat Finder & Pace Sky box help

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #1
We have Oyster Satellite Dish and Pace Sky Box - sky box was recently updated (as per sky instruction) but still cannot get several channels (which I can get in the house), e.g. channel 4, bbc3, horror channel, etc (ones normally found on sky non subscription). The Oyster is probably about 9 years old, not sure of model can't seem to see anything on box and to be honest I am wary of removing it from mount to check. Was wondering if there was anyone local who knows anything about this, have been reading different forums and there's so much information regarding sky updates/oyster updates/LNB problems, etc., none of which I really understand! If there's anybody who can help or knows anybody who may be able to help I would be extremely grateful (not looking forward to going away if I can't keep up with family guy)!!! Thanks. Jayne.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Oyster Sat Finder & Pace Sky box help

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #2
I had read somewhere that a number of channels had changed frequency recently and you had to get the oyster reprogrammed by returning the controll box, but to be honest I didn't pay much attention to it as I have a Maxview dish

GandG
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.06.2012  ·  #3
spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.06.2012  ·  #4
Thanks, will check out the manuals when I suss out which one we have!

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2012  ·  #5
What Tristan from Pat Horans posted to another site, if it is relevant...

Folks , a lot of ye probably know already , but both Oyster , and Glo-Mex automatic searching satellite tv systems started acting up lately , the Oyster a few months back , the Glo-Mex only lately . It's all to do with settings of the actual Astra satellite in the sky that's beaming down to your decoder boxes.
The Oyster , depending on how new it is , needs to be either removed and we send it to Oyster for re-programming , or if it's very new , it can be done in the MH .
The Glo-Mex , they sent me the software yesterday to update them. I've already done a couple , and it's a 10 min job.

Just in case ye're struggling to get signal , and wondering why.

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2012  ·  #6
Thanks Ally, this does appear to be the problem - the box itself is saying that the satellite signal is found but when you check the signal on the TV there's none showing. we'll have to remove it and get in touch with Oyster then.
Thanks for your help.
Jayne

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2012  ·  #7
:up:

willie
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.06.2012  ·  #8
Some of the satellite transponders have changed on the satellites, the tuner possibly will need retuning to find the new trasponder locations, it should not be nessary to remove the system to do this. your oyster unit may have a digital box connected to it, that is what will need retuned.
The Glomex was unable to verify the satellite position when the transponder it was using closed down, a update via the SD card slot for the later versions has already been released, but units made before OCT 2010 have a compatibility issue and Glomex are presently working on a solution, let us hope soon especially as mine is one of the first ones.

bigfoot bair
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 680 starline
Base Vehicle: 2.7 Mercedes 150 bhp
Subject:

No signal on automatic search.

· 
Posted: 04.07.2012  ·  #9
Hi Ally i have an oyster caro ,and lately no signal i dont use it very often so dont know how long its not working .I can manuly set it and it works fine so know there is nothing wrong it just wont find the satelight its self ,can you help.Thanks

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2012  ·  #10
Sorry no I wouldn't be able to help, I suggest giving Simon @ LTS or Donagheys a ring.

bigfoot bair
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 680 starline
Base Vehicle: 2.7 Mercedes 150 bhp
Subject:

sorted

· 
Posted: 06.07.2012  ·  #11
Hi sorted. just changed settings and it works fine now.I emailed Donaghys and they said it would have to be sent away.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.