rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

arrive Dublin on tuesday 19th june

· 
Posted: 15.06.2012  ·  #1
Coming over on tuesday via Dublin (will try the north next year)will then be turning left and following the coast via Wexford,Waterford,Cork,Limerick,Galway and back to Dublin.Have 10/12days and route not set in stone so any advise for stopovers (wild or campsites)and sights would be appreciated.Have looked at Howth and Greystones as possibles for first couple of nights.
Thanks in advance
Rob

simonjfoley
simonjfoley
My Motorhome: Hymer B654
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

Re: arrive Dublin on tuesday 19th june

· 
Posted: 16.06.2012  ·  #2
Hi Rob, Not sure about the Dublin area, but I live in the south west corner and there are so many places that you can safetly wild camp,. too numerous to mention, but to mention a few in co Kerry,-- Kenmare harbour --Gap of Dunloe in Killarney--The harbour in Dingle--Wine strand Ballyferetor--ect ect. contact me if you Know your exact route. Simon

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2012  ·  #3
Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2012  ·  #4
Hi rob, the bunratty castle carpark is popular for wild camping, 15 mins outside limerick on the road to galway, great food in Clarkes, pints and fun in nellies at the weekend!

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2012  ·  #5
scooter
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #6
Hello Rob,Welcome on Tuesday.Galway harbour as mentioned in a few posts on here should be on your list.Avoid it if festival on.Look at Nenagh town in Tipperary and if you decide to steer inland.....on LOUGH DERG there are a number of spots on the lake.Killaloe-dromineer-Terryglass-Garykennedy(near Portroe).Good spot on the boating harbour in Portumna which is County Galway.Enjoy the trip(dont mention the weather).

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.06.2012  ·  #7
rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.07.2012  ·  #8
Back now from my trip to South and would like to thank all for tips of camping spots .Downloaded the tom tom poi's (but wish i had used the updated version as a few of the new ones weren't on) so thanks Ally and co for those.Stopped at Greystones on car park on beach rd (toilets and outside tap)as didnt have location of parking at harbour and couldnt find it .day 2 Curracloe beach just north of wexford(toilets and tap and cafe).Day 3 Kilmore quay overlooking sea with a few other vans (toilets )Day 4 wildcamping spots on copper coast near to annestown (3 fantastic parking areas all with views over the sea)Day 5 Middleton outside Jaimeson distillery,Day6 was caravan and camping site at Adare (good site in nice village) missed the aire close by as handn't updated satnav but glad to give my cash to site owner as facilities were really good.Day7 Dromineer Quay cafe toilets and water and gents toilets also had an elsen point and good pub .Day 8 Rinville Quay country park near Galway .Day 9 Howth Port Didnt check out facilities as didnt need any and was sailing back next day ,but a busy place with a few more vans also parked.Havent bored you with all the daytime activities but did manage a lot of sightseeing and found a lot of the car parks had height barriers. Did check out a couple of other stops which were Duncannon beach fantastic sandy beach and very quiet and Glenmacrass Waterfall up in the Wicklow Mountains another very quiet spot we had lunch at both spots but didnt stay the night but could see no problem with overnighting at either spot.

Poi's where we could not stop were :-

Blarney Castle (asked at reception if ok to stop as it was 6pm and we would be coming in to view the next day told by cashier that it would be ok only to be told by shop manageress NO YOU CANT)
Bunratty Castle . no camping/overnight parking signs in car park
Portumna Height barriers (not particularly nice place )
Salthill Galway No Campervan signs all down the seafront

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.07.2012  ·  #9
Glad you enjoyed your trip! and thanks for the update on the POI's!

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.07.2012  ·  #10
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.