Parking up at Greystones Harbour

Swanner
Bladder Drinker.
Subject:

Parking up at Greystones Harbour

· 
Posted: 13.06.2012  ·  #1
For those of you that made it to Greystones at the Wicklow weekend....

There's an article here and in the local paper about parking up at Greystones...

http://www.greystonesguide.ie/…l-tourism/

The local councellor came down and took this pic...

Would be great to see something happen here about the facilities, we'll wait and see ^_^

As an aside, Joe (Chip Shop) mentioned to Ciaran (Coucellor) what a sound bunch you all were and how good it was to see such polite and decent people using the harbour for this purpose :D

I mentioned that the security guard was being a bit of an asshole and he said he would follow up on some of the remarks made but that in reality, as it stands, Sispar have a no parking sign up. Basically noone bar Sispar have an issue with it.

Hopefully someday soon i'll be moving this to the legal stopovers section 8-)

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Parking up at Greystones Harbour

· 
Posted: 13.06.2012  ·  #2
That's great news!¬! :up: Fantastic to see the positivity. Was a great spot with friendly people and a great bar with great music.

We spent money in the bar, in the shops and also in the Cafe for some frys the next morning.

We also got to be in the local paper, now where did I put that Craic Banner./....

Macy
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2012  ·  #3
Was covered in the Wicklow Times newspaper - didn't realise it was ye. Was going to post about it as a contrast to the likes of Portadown and Roscommon etc.

There were two or three parked up last Sunday too that we commented on as we passed (we were parking up by the south beach for the afternoon). That councillor is certainly close to the developers, so there may be some hope of hook up/ water and it's good to have some support for motorhomes from councillors, rather than uninformed negative stuff. More chance of motorhomes hooking up than bloody boats in the marina, with the debacle the whole harbour project has been from start to finish!

I actually feel like having to wash my hands after typing something somewhat supportive of him, as the support for motorhomes is about the only comment on the harbour so far that I actually agree with him on (he's ultra supportive of the developers.)

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2012  ·  #4
Quote by Macy

Was covered in the Wicklow Times newspaper - didn't realise it was ye. Was going to post about it as a contrast to the likes of Portadown and Roscommon etc.

There were two or three parked up last Sunday too that we commented on as we passed (we were parking up by the south beach for the afternoon). That councillor is certainly close to the developers, so there may be some hope of hook up/ water and it's good to have some support for motorhomes from councillors, rather than uninformed negative stuff. More chance of motorhomes hooking up than bloody boats in the marina, with the debacle the whole harbour project has been from start to finish!

I actually feel like having to wash my hands after typing something somewhat supportive of him, as the support for motorhomes is about the only comment on the harbour so far that I actually agree with him on (he's ultra supportive of the developers.)

Any possibility of putting up a link to the article in the Wicklow Times, or a scan of the article.

Macy
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2012  ·  #5
If it's survived the bin I'll try and get it scanned tomorrow. Just a rehash of the press release though I think.

irishrver
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2012  ·  #6
Macy
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2012  ·  #7
Here's the scan anyway

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.06.2012  ·  #8
:up:

Swanner
Bladder Drinker.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2012  ·  #9
Macy

We must live nearby...I'm in Greystones.

Hopefully we'll catch up some day :-)

Macy
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.06.2012  ·  #10
Yep swanner. We're up in the mountains, but greystones is one of our favourite spots. We go there a fair bit for walks/ beach/ playground, and actually got married there.

*Rant alert* Disgusted with what's happened with the harbour, with the initial project and the deal with the developer. And certain councillors attitude to what's an acceptable state for it to be left in, and always sticking up for the developers point of view, just compounds my disgust. It'll take more than a couple hook points to turn the place, and my opinion, around. *Rant Over*

scooter
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.06.2012  ·  #11
Hi all and great to read some positive stuff bout us CAMPER VAN PERSONS.So is it a safe spot to put on my list.Never got to that part of the country would like to visit. Joe.

Swanner
Bladder Drinker.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2012  ·  #12
Quote by Macy

Yep swanner. We're up in the mountains, but greystones is one of our favourite spots. We go there a fair bit for walks/ beach/ playground, and actually got married there.

*Rant alert* Disgusted with what's happened with the harbour, with the initial project and the deal with the developer. And certain councillors attitude to what's an acceptable state for it to be left in, and always sticking up for the developers point of view, just compounds my disgust. It'll take more than a couple hook points to turn the place, and my opinion, around. *Rant Over*

Totally agree. Unfortunately I know most of the councellors on both sides not to mention the "Give us back our harbour" crew so I tend to just stay out of it in public. Such a shame though.

Scooter - if you're ever down this way and up for some company give us a shout and we'll have a pint or ten :D

shaysue
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.12.2012  ·  #13
Anyone got update on what, if anything, is happening with this? Were any facilities provided or have events in the economy overtaken this project also? Or was it all hot air again from our fine local representatives! It would be nice to take advantage of the present mild weather to get another overnight away and not too far from home.

darkvalley
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.12.2012  ·  #14
Spent the night at greystones harbour about 2 weeks ago. No facilities except the free parking spaces, but a good place to spend the night.

Swanner
Bladder Drinker.
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.12.2012  ·  #15
No change and not likley to see anything happen for the forseeable future. To be honest, sorting out the mess left by the developers on the Bray Head side is more of a priority. For those who don't know it, there's a spectacular cliff walk along the coast from Bray but the end of it needs tidying.

Cliff Walk

On the upside, there are at least 2 vans there every night of the weekend and it's a great spot to pull up for a while. There's a couple of decent boozers accross the road and plenty of great food to be had 5 minutes walk away in the town. If I didn't live here it would be a regular haunt for us :D

60rubberduck
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Swift Escape Low Profile
Base Vehicle: 2.2 Fiat Ducato Turbo
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2012  ·  #16
Have spent the odd night there. Grand spot, nice pub close by. Fresh water tap beside harbour masters office. No problems if you need to use it.

shaysue
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2012  ·  #17
Thank y'all for that update. Must try it out. One of these days.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2012  ·  #18
yep must try it out some weekend too ,not too far a drive for us

grandview
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2013  ·  #19
Hi All, Is this area easy to find at the harbour? I am cycling in the wicklow 200 in a few weeks and plan to go down the night before.

barney147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2013  ·  #20
Check out Glenmalure lodge also in Wicklow what part of Wicklow are you cycling in. No problem with staying over night in car park. :up: :up:

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2013  ·  #21
Quote by grandview

Hi All, Is this area easy to find at the harbour? I am cycling in the wicklow 200 in a few weeks and plan to go down the night before.

Very easy, on your left as you go into the harbour, opposite the pub. "No Overnighting" signs but ignore them.

grandview
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2013  ·  #22
Thanks for the responses folks!!

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2013  ·  #23
Ally I love it -' ignore the overnighting signs" That's class and should be published far and wide. LOL

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2013  ·  #24
The local TD told us that. In fact it was more jolly than that.. soemthing like........

"Stand there while I take your photo and put it in the paper and **** those signs"

Swanner will back me up :)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.