Solar question

Tonyk
Subject:

Motor home solar panel installers in Dublin

· 
Posted: 04.09.2016  ·  #1
Hi I've just purchase a Mh and I am looking for somewhere in Dublin who supply's and installs them I would like not to bet stuck to camp sites all the time and where I store mine I don't have access to power to charge my leisure battery so is there anyone out that know we're I should look and can u also know what type of power I should be looking to get installed? Look forward to hearing any suggestions

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Your Location, Signature & Avatar

· 
Posted: 04.09.2016  ·  #2
Quote by Tonyk

Hi I've just purchase a Mh and I am looking for somewhere in Dublin who supply's and installs them I would like not to bet stuck to camp sites all the time and where I store mine I don't have access to power to charge my leisure battery so is there anyone out that know we're I should look and can u also know what type of power I should be looking to get installed? Look forward to hearing any suggestions

I thimk you have this question in the wrong section, but if you type solar panel in the search bar above you will get a lot of information :up:

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Solar question

· 
Posted: 05.09.2016  ·  #3
Moved to the correct section now lads :up:

You could give our site sponsors (all adds at top of the page) a ring and they will advise what's best for your set up

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2016  ·  #4
Quote by mad max

Moved to the correct section now lads :up:

You could give our site sponsors (all adds at top of the page) a ring and they will advise what's best for your set up

I'm not sure I could help.

That said there are questions and answers on this subject, personally I have a 100watt panel 2x90amp leisure batteries and a device that ensures the power gets split between the engine battery and the leisure batteries. From what you have outlined this might be what you'd need especially if you leave your MH without driving it for a while.
I don't know what the battery master splitter is called sorry.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2016  ·  #5
I think it's called a battery master.

Personally I would go with the dual charge controller and have it as an all in one device rather than fit an additional gizmo, others may disagree, but it's what I have and it works perfectly

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2016  ·  #6
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

I'm not sure I could help.

Think you just did :D

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.09.2016  ·  #7
Quote by the fat controller

I think it's called a battery master.

Personally I would go with the dual charge controller and have it as an all in one device rather than fit an additional gizmo, others may disagree, but it's what I have and it works perfectly

Agreed Jack.... I'm running a dual controller set for 90% to leisure batteries and 10% to starter battery... Works really well.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.